PDA

View Full Version : AA to charge $8 for blankets

robertbartsch
9th Feb 2010, 20:59
American Airlines to stop offering free blankets on domestic flights - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/09/american.airlines.blankets/index.html?hpt=T2)

Adios
9th Feb 2010, 22:15
Bring your own blanky then Iggle Piggle :eek: and you won't have to worry that the last chap blew his nose on it. It doesn't apply to Transatlantic routes by the way.

PAXboy
10th Feb 2010, 01:07
Having searched for Iggle Piggle to find out what it was, I can say that the children's toys and figures we had in my day were much better.

jetjockeyusa
10th Feb 2010, 14:01
Well no offense but I stick with my opinion when it gets to flying with any American Airliner intercontinental while flying coach. You are just an object to be run the A-Z routine with and that is about it. So paying 7$ for a blanket an extra 5$ for a pillow and whatnot else comes for charge is therefore no news to me.

Two-Tone-Blue
10th Feb 2010, 16:54
Sounds like a sensible cost-saving measure to me. I get the things given to me every time I fly, and have only used them once [on a Premium Flat-bed on long-haul]. Otherwise they just clutter my space.

Perhaps it would help if passengers dressed for the journey, instead of wearing just vest and shorts [and baseball cap].

Cynical Brit :cool: