PDA

View Full Version : Hawker 850XP/900XP Gulfstream G150

simi.lipx
9th Feb 2010, 12:41
Gentlemen,
I am preparing a study for my principal regarding operational costs of the mentioned airplanes. I am looking for "realistic" fixed and variable costs. Any of you is dealing with these birds and could provide these info ?

thank you again for your help !

XEMS
9th Nov 2010, 21:32
Starting to do the same for my principal. Also throwing XLS and Sovereign into the pot. Read other threads, but thought I'd see if anyone has some good intel to add.

He's leaning toward the G150, we will be doing some legs of 2,000 nm (US) with usually no more than 4 passengers.

Runway performance of the Cessna products are hard to beat, but with the XLS on the longer trips will always be a fuel stop.

He doesn't like the internal baggage on the Hawker.

He's heard the G150 is a bit of a maint. pig. (I heard that about the G200, but not the 150).

If anyone has any tidbits, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Request FL510
10th Nov 2010, 03:23
Recommend you start off with a Conklin comparison.

We operate a Sovereign - Advantages are good range (we do 2600nm legs with 8 pax), lots of baggage space (and I mean lots), Serviceability is excellent, so is support and ease of maintenance. Disadvantages - I struggle to think of any. Although not nr 1 in any department (range, size, speed, etc), this aircraft just shines in every department.

We compete with a 900XP at the location where we are based and we normally beat them hands down on cost, speed and loads. We also cruise higher than they do.

Personally I like the G150 a lot, but if size and space counts, have a look at the Sovereign.

Welcome to PM me for more info....

XEMS
12th Nov 2010, 15:30

Thanks for the tip. I know the bosses attorneys are pulling the Conklin comparisons for him. Those Sovereign numbers look hard to beat. Of course right now he is looking for whatever works for him and where he can find that "Sweetheart Deal." My fear is that he will find the great deal on an airplane that doesn't do what he wants, and then will leave it up to us pilots to make it work! :ugh:

Jetseller
6th Dec 2010, 02:58
I can run you Side by Side Conklin #'s for any aircraft. PM for aircraft you need and an email or fax #.

johns7022
6th Dec 2010, 05:32
Take the NBAA numbers and crunch in 60% if you know what your doing....multiply the costs by 3-4 if your the owner's idiot nephew, pal, golf buddy......who never managed a flight department before. Seriously.

An aside note...take what you consider to be normal downtime/unavailable aircraft and cut by 90% if you know what your doing...multiply by about ten if the flight dept manager doesn't like flying...puts the plane down for two weeks to change a tire, ect....