PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatch Inquiry!!!!!

DTM_F1
8th Feb 2010, 21:48
Hi everyone,

Actually I'm new to here and I need anyone to help me out.
I work as Transfer-Desk in-charge and planning very soon to fly to USA and to obtain FAA license for flight dispatcher.
Yet, I don't have any background in the ground operation (weight and balance etc...) but inner guidance says "I should break the statues quo and study flight dispatch"
I'm truly confused, which school I should attend? is FAA compatible to work in Middle East?
I need as much INFO as possible about it and it will be really appreciated!!

Thanks a bundle

just63
11th Feb 2010, 13:53
The best training you can get is at Sheffield School of Aeronautics.
Preferred also in the Middle East.

Aircraft dispatcher training airline flight dispatch trainers Sheffield school aeronautics (http://www.sheffield.com/rr.html)

Check the testimonials to get more information

desertopsguy
14th Feb 2010, 07:02
Agree with Just63...Sheffield are at the top of their game, have been in the business longer than anyone else and have the best reputation by far, well deserved it is too. You'll be off to a good start if you go there :ok:.

Droste
23rd Feb 2010, 19:07
FAA flight dispatcher licence

Now, I wonder to get this licence, besides the knowledge test, does the applicant needs to sit for oral examination?

desertopsguy
24th Feb 2010, 16:11
It's all about the oral, that's the toughest part...The ATPL exam is a joke and anyone could pass it. The oral is done with an FAA examiner and you gotta know your stuff or you won't get your ticket.

desertopsguy
24th Feb 2010, 16:15
BTW...Qatar Airways hiring experienced flight dispatchers and ops controllers..

no sig
24th Feb 2010, 17:59
Listen to desertopsguy, he's absolutely right.