PDA

View Full Version : FAA pilot Ferry flying aircraft in the UK

Jay_solo
8th Feb 2010, 11:57
Quick questions.

As you can legally fly a G - registered aircraft in UK airspace with an FAA license (privately), Can you ferry one and be paid if you have an FAA commercial?

** Aircraft can be anything from a C150 to a citation **

And, forgive me as I am not sure how the registration process works at the time of ferrying an aircraft.

But would you need an JAA CPL if you were to ferry any aircraft registered to a JAA country to any where in the world and be paid?

Example the plane is from France, and the pilot has a FAA license and is ferrying the aircraft to the US.

S-Works
8th Feb 2010, 12:01
NO. Privileges in a G reg aircraft on an ICAO licence are PPL VFR only.

If you wish to undertake arial work of this nature then your CPL must match the state of registry. For JAA that is any JAA licence in any JAA member state aircraft.

Jay_solo
8th Feb 2010, 12:02
cool thanks for the answer!

ab33t
8th Feb 2010, 13:49
There are exceptions but it is a lenghty process and paperwork to do for just one aircraft.

flyingfemme
8th Feb 2010, 15:06
One-time validations can be granted for FAA licenced pilots to ferry aircraft on other registrations. The process varies from country to country; some are easier than others.

Shiner Pilot
9th Feb 2010, 04:42
The last person to fly a G reg aircraft across the Atlantic using his FAA licence, was recently told by the CAA to step down as Accountable manager/Chief Pilot...
He should have known better really... I mean 10,000hrs and twenty years in the business...

What can you say?