PDA

View Full Version : G days

I'mbatman
8th Feb 2010, 03:57
I seem to recall that we are entitled to 8 G's a month but can't seem to find anything other than in the COS regarding 92 a year. Can anyone help me out or is that the only reference. I have a week of leave this month but only have 6 G's. Thanks

IB

I'mbatman
8th Feb 2010, 17:58
bueller???

jed_thrust
8th Feb 2010, 23:15
I am posting with no applicable books in front of me, so please take this with a pinch of salt.

Yes, our COS gives you 92 GDOs. Thanks to the AOA, EVERYONE also gets another 10 GDOs (I believe that's in our RPs). So, 102 GDOs divided by about 10.5 months (for those with 6 weeks leave) = 9.7 GDOs per working month, or, 8.5 GDOs per calendar month.

The eight days off I think you are refering to are the legal DAYS OFF required by the AFTLs, ie, one in 7, 2 in 14, 8 in 28. I don't think they need to be GDOs, just days off.

So your 6 GDOs plus 7 days leave meets all the requirements, as long as your annual GDO count is ok.

I hope this helps - you will need the AFTLS, RPs and COS to confirm.

I'mbatman
8th Feb 2010, 23:23
Thanks Jed.....I looked in all of those documents and came up with what you got as well. Thanks.

cxlinedriver
8th Feb 2010, 23:44
Pays to count your G Days for the year. Mr Walker, in one of his many on the fly interpretations of the agreements, decided that unused O Days counted as G Days.

Whereas the rest of the universe would think that a G Day is a G Day and an O Day (which you can not plan on using) is an O Day.

jed_thrust
8th Feb 2010, 23:53
Which "year" do you count? Jan to Dec, or your birth month?

Edited: Disregard: I think the year goes from your actual birthday. So, if your birthday is 15 April, you would count from 16 Apr to 15 Apr the following year. Or do you count 15 Apr to 14 Apr? Probably wont make much difference...

Don't want to lose those extra 10 GDOs in the RPs, however.