PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Flight Training International?

base-8
7th Feb 2010, 19:33
hi,

has anyone come across san diego flight training international? And how would you rate it? I am currently doing PPL at Stapleford in england and whilst the quality of training is brilliant, the weather is not, and as a result is going to become very expensive and longwinded with accommodation cost ect.

Also would anyone else recommend any FTOs preferably in California?

Thanks

base-8
7th Feb 2010, 19:40
sorry no, i wasn't very clear in that post. on completing the PPL at stapleford I want to continue on to the CPL/IR ect. which obviously involves hour building. but the problem is that due to the weather / aircraft ect. im struggling to get hours (i was only able to get 3.5 last week) so i feel it would be a good idea to relocate.

24seven
8th Feb 2010, 09:36
As SoCal App says if you want to do any JAA training in Cali then there is only one school you can go to and its not san diego flight training international.

I did my hour building with Fly Corona in California and then did my JAA night rating with Anglo-American Aviation in San Diego.

If you are based at Stapleford and want to sit down and have a chat about hour building in California/America there are currently 4 students based there that did just that, just ask Lisa Green to point them out to you. Along as you buy them a cup of tea I'm sure they will tell you all about it.

One thing I would say though is that before you even think of starting your CPL you are going to need to have completed your ATPL's which is gonna take you at least 9 months (so 36 weeks in which you could build some time)

And I do hope that if you are flying at Stapleford that you are a friend of "Colin Stapleford" on facebook ;)