PDA

View Full Version : Flt deck Noise - Older A320s

nnc0
7th Feb 2010, 16:23
We did some flt deck noise level testing on some of older A320 fins (msn 0050 - 0250 ) as they are consistently noted for significantly higher noise levels than our newer A320s, A319s or A321s. Our Older A320s all measured the same 77 dBA averaged over a 1 hr flt vs 74 dBA on the newer fins. The older aircraft are all configured the same (engs, WGT etc) as the newer ones and it's not a case of them simply being older or we would have seen see a linear relationship between noise and age. That wasn't the case. The older fins are just 3 dbA louder across the board.

Closing off the side vents cuts down the noise as does using one pack only by a few dBA so the immediate suspect is the AC and packs but I don't see any physical explanation there for the difference.

Anybody have any suggestions or experience to relate?

Fargoo
7th Feb 2010, 17:48
Airbus have done loads of mods, customer request mods and general improvements over the years. There are so many different configs now it's impossible to say from the info you've given.

Have a look at TFU REF 21.00.00.008 and .003 for some info.

nnc0
8th Feb 2010, 12:11
Wow. Thanks Fargoo - I looked up the TFUs and they look like a decent place to start. Appreciate the help very much.

( I won't say I'm new to the Airbus fleet but I don't venture into the M&E world on their website very often. It wouldn;t have crossed my mind to look for a TFU on the issue. Live and learn I guess - thanks again)

Fargoo
8th Feb 2010, 12:37
No problem :ok: It always amazes me how much stuff is hidden there that could be particularly useful if integrated into the TSM.