PDA

View Full Version : Music in The Galley

Bad Hat Harry
7th Feb 2010, 03:42
The environment in which we work is bereft of music.
The only sound we hear is the continuous droning of the power units of the aircraft.
So with the advent of Ipods and other MP 3 players together with some excellent mini speakers we can now have music while we work.
Not loud music to awaken passengers but just loud enough to be heard in the galley while preparing meals
Certainly makes work more enjoyable

Basil
7th Feb 2010, 11:11
Not loud music to awaken passengers
Are you sure?

The environment in which we work is bereft of music.
As was mine: shipyard, ships' engine room, flight deck etc. Not that I'd have wished to listen to other peoples choice of music or, probably, they to mine.
I lie; once on a Scottish IBM nightshift production line I played a classical piece which my colleagues said seemed to presage the arrival of cinema vaqueros. (or, as they put it: "Here ra cowboys comin'!") :}

boardingpass
7th Feb 2010, 16:51
We have classical boarding and disembarking music (optional). I had a comment once from a passenger that it reminded her of being on the Titanic :uhoh:

TopBunk
7th Feb 2010, 17:10
The only sound we hear is the continuous droning of the power units of the aircraft.
and the only sound passengers can hear is the noise from the galley!

Don't underestimate what can be heard - cutlery clinking, cc gossip/whinging etc etc.

Off Stand
7th Feb 2010, 17:42
There is also possibly the issue of music licensing as well. Companies need a license to play/broadcast music in a place of work, this might (I am only guessing) be in breach of this law.

jetset lady
7th Feb 2010, 18:18
It's not so much the thought of music in the galley that fills me with dread, although I agree it would be impossible for it not to filter into the cabin. No, it's more the inevitable "X Factor" style singing that will be sure to accompany it, from crew convinced that the world is just waiting to discover them. It drives me nuts! If you must sing along, then please do so in your car, preferably with the windows up, like the rest of us. :suspect:

girtbar
7th Feb 2010, 22:19
We're bereft of music at work.....because we're at work!

HMV might be a great place at work if you like music!

watch your6
8th Feb 2010, 05:14
Music is everywhere except on an aircraft.
So why not ?
Its good idea.Music lifts the mood

Basil
8th Feb 2010, 13:21
I HATE music - unless I choose it.
Entrance halls, lifts, restaurants, bars - turn it off!
It now seems that TV voiceovers have to be accompanied by a badly balanced 'ching, ching' or 'thump, thump'.

Bas - in 'grump, grump' mode :*

LHRFLYGUY
10th Feb 2010, 19:54
I'm not sure what plane you work on (a VERY noisy one I assume) but let assure you , pax can hear everything!
A girlfriend of mine was telling me discreetly how she has given up on her hubby and was just waiting for a decent sh%g. A call bell went 4 rows away and a guy said he was available if she was interested..lol

And so far as the comment about using Ipods.. well you only need to take public transport to know how irritating that can be.

Music = bad idea :)