PDA

View Full Version : Carcassonne

james solomon
6th Feb 2010, 17:29
I wish someone else would fly into there as Ryanair seem to set the most daft prices for routes they have no competition on. Are there any other routes people think Ryanair could do with competition on.
I read in the march 2010 issue of airliner world that Ryanair charge 25% to use plastic card onboard to buy stuff. I also read they charge you a pound to use the toilets on the aircraft where Easyjet dont. They try and squeeze every penny out of there punters like an onboard meal which judging by the picture looks sick costs £5. Actually they charge you for everything it seems.

Sorry if I go off on a rant but its stuff i seem to find to nit pick about Ryanair

Groundloop
6th Feb 2010, 23:23
Some people will believe anything! Ryanair don't charge for the toilet.

merlinxx
7th Feb 2010, 05:55
And just wait for the long haul routes, MOL promises free blowjobs to premium pax:ok:

Avman
7th Feb 2010, 07:52
Be careful james, they charge £2 to those who complain about the £1 charge!

james solomon
7th Feb 2010, 10:08
I see so you should read the fine print when flying with them i guess

Load Toad
7th Feb 2010, 11:47
No forces you to use them. Don't like 'em - don't use 'em.

jubilee
7th Feb 2010, 12:15
In the January/February Ryan Air in flight magazine,their is an article about them looking at charging to use the toilets on routes that have a duration of less then 1 hour.

This would involve removing 2 of the toilets,and installing extra seats,and using dedicated aircraft on certain routes. It goes on to say that this would allow Ryan Air to lower prices on those routes.
Jubilee

rasobey
7th Feb 2010, 19:10
I'd like to see more airlines fly to NYO from the UK, specifically EZY but I can't have everything :)

Ringwayman
7th Feb 2010, 21:24
I would imagine that they would need to speak to all the relevant authorities to take the -800 past the 189 max passengers it's currently certified for.

Ticket prices may be lowered but they'll generate more revenue by hitting passengers with all the charges that everyone seems to forget are their equivalent of a fuel surcharge.

Big Bad D
11th Feb 2010, 15:09
If you don't like the prices or service of Ryanair and lack of competition from Carcassonne, then have you considered travelling the relatively short distance to Toulouse where there is a far larger choice of UK flights?

Dick Fisher
12th Feb 2010, 18:26
Frankly James, I find it amazing that despite the fact that no other LCO flies to Carcassonne, I can (and just have) booked a return flight EMA-CCF for a base price of £18.00

And past experience - 10 round trips per annum - suggests that my flight will be on time, in a relatively new aircraft, and will take me to a place that no other airline seems to be bothered about. I could fly to Toulouse of course, but for me, it's another hour of driving and extra cost to add.

With BA from Heathrow prices start from £71. Flybe wants £260 - but they don't operate the route when I want to go.

So, all power to Ryanair. Just pay the price and thank goodness there are people like O'Leary who simply want to be the best at what they do. And that is to carry tens of millions of people to places they would like to go to at a price they can afford.

olivermbs
12th Feb 2010, 19:32
Nothing wrong with Ryanair, I won't die if I don't eat for 2 hours, I don't need 5 bags and I can book online with no problems. :ok:

Doors to Automatic
12th Feb 2010, 19:42
General rule of thumb with Ryanair:

If the headline fare is £20 or less its a good deal, otherwise instead of putting up with the scrum and dreadful customer service fly with someone else.

robin
12th Feb 2010, 22:20
So, all power to Ryanair. Just pay the price and thank goodness there are people like O'Leary who simply want to be the best at what they do.

You are Mike O'Leary and I claim my five pounds..........:ok: