PDA

View Full Version : Logbook Binding

Minstral
4th Feb 2010, 15:35
Can anyone recommend somewhere they have recently used to have their logbook bound?

Mine has fallen apart and having looked through previous thread recommendations Cambinders no-longer exist and R J Bond will not answer the phone despite numerous attempts at all times of day. :ugh:

All suggestions gratefully accepted! :)

Bob Viking
4th Feb 2010, 16:08
I know exactly what you're talking about. Had mine bound by him last year and he freaked me out when, after several months, he still had it but wasn't answering his phone. It turned up in due course though and very good it was too.
In lieu of any other suggestions I would persevere with Mr Bond and he WILL answer eventually!
Just make sure you're not in a hurry to get it back.
BV:ok:

seafuryfan
4th Feb 2010, 17:23
Agree with Minstral. RJ Bond did an excellent job with my logbooks.

Fareastdriver
4th Feb 2010, 17:34
Try your local University library. Not a log book, but I have had an old Bible redone and very good it was too.

The B Word
4th Feb 2010, 19:46
Cambinders Bookbinders
Tel: 01223 566671 Unit F6, Eastern Court 182-190 Newmarket Road Cambridge CB5 8HE

They will bind the logbook in the original types of covers, or in leather, and they can inlay your initials/details on the spine and front.

They did a top job of mine about 2 years ago including a nice sleeve to protect it in the same material.

OOPS! Just re-read your post - they did move about 2 years ago, did you try the right number as the internet gives out two different ones?

Minstral
5th Feb 2010, 11:10
Thank you all for your input. Cambinders has closed for business. I have tried every number and the last person who answered told me they had closed. R J Bond is still not answering so does anyone have any other recommended binders?

Cheers,

Minstral

L J R
5th Feb 2010, 14:17
Aberdeen University Book Binders....:ok:

Fareastdriver
5th Feb 2010, 14:37
Aberdeen University Book Binders....

That's where I had my Bible done.

Barksdale Boy
6th Feb 2010, 02:29
For Hong Kong Ppruners, St. John's Cathedral Bookstore did an excellent job for me on several dictionaries and reference books in exactly the colour required for Aircrew Flying Log Books.

Union Jack
6th Feb 2010, 09:55
Quote:
Aberdeen University Book Binders....

That's where I had my Bible done....

Me too, and very well done to boot, and at reasonable cost with several valuable reference books, rather than the Bible:ok:

Jack

Norfolk Inchance
15th Feb 2010, 16:13
RJ Bond

Just picked my new one up- old one had too many pages to have new ones added, so he made a complete new one for me and charged £65 despite an incredible amount of work on his behalf. Persevere, it is worth it. I personally dropped mine off and collected it. He has just had a bout of swine flu which is why he wasn't around for a few weeks. However be warned, if you want it done by next week then badger him; he is pretty damn laid back as far as timing.

Minstral
16th Feb 2010, 08:45
That's great. I finally gave up calling and wrote to him instead, he's now called me back and my logbook is on it's way. I'm looking forward to seeing the results! :)

Thanks to everyone for your inputs and help.:ok:

Bob Viking
16th Feb 2010, 10:11
I have just spoken to Mr Bond and he has asked me to add his mobile number to this thread. 07966 339836. I hope that doesn't count as advertising!
He often can't get to his work phone since he is very busy so bear with him, and I figure that with the quality workmanship he offers he deserves the business.
BV:ok:

dmcv
27th Jul 2010, 09:28
Has anyone had any recent contact with Mr Bond. I am trying to chase up my logbook which he has had for a while (i am prepared to wait for what i've heard is a great quality product), but am having trouble getting hold of him. If anyone has any contact with him i would appreciate you letting me know - due to start a new OCU and am getting a little concerned regarding the lack of comms. Thanks

Craven Moorhed
27th Jul 2010, 10:58
me too.....
my 3 have been away for 4 months and i need them back !

ANY other helpful suggestions greatly appreciated ??

Megaton
27th Jul 2010, 13:05
I couldn't get through to Mr Bond either so I found a shop nearby which had the same post code and called them. They very kindly passed the message on to Mr Bond who then called me. He did a great job with my log book but he took forever and was very difficult to pin down.

Minstral
28th Jul 2010, 08:33
I sent Mr Bond my logbook in early February and he promised to return it by mid March for my PME, which did not happen until I resorted to writing him letters. He then sent it back untouched which I was rather annoyed about. I returned it to him and after writing him several more letters it appeared at the end of June!

Not once did he answer his mobile or his landline, I must have tried 50+times. The only thing that seemed to work was actually writing to him and he may call you back!:ugh:

The finished article is very good though and I am very pleased. It was £65 for a single logbook to be rebound. Just make sure your Sqn know they won't see your logbook for 4-5 months!:ok:

A2QFI
28th Jul 2010, 08:38
I came across a bookshop in Stamford (Lincs) yesterday which offers a refurbishing and binding service. St Mary's books;it is on the left if walking North from the George Hotel, just across the bridge over the Welland.
St Marys Books Home (http://www.stmarysbooks.com/new/content/page4.asp?)