PDA

View Full Version : Emergency landing for Anand Sharma's BA flight at Dusseldorf

Snas
4th Feb 2010, 12:54
Emergency landing for Anand Sharma's BA flight at Dusseldorf

A bit of breaking news: - Emergency landing for Anand Sharma's BA flight at Dusseldorf- Hindustan Times (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Emergency-landing-for-Anand-Sharma-s-BA-flight-at-Dusseldorf/H1-Article1-505243.aspx)

suninmyeyes
4th Feb 2010, 16:45
I don't know the facts but I would like to offer a translation from journalistic drama to what probably happened.

The plane had an emergency landing at Dusseldorf in Germany where all the passengers were evacuated safely

The plane made a precautionary diversion, made a normal landing and the passengers disembarked normally at the terminal.

"In the mid-air between Hungary and London, smoke engulfed the engines of the plane due to which the plane had to be diverted and perform emergency landing at Dusseldorf, Germany," an official statement said in New Delhi on Thursday.

Smoke did not engulf the engines. One engine in cruise cannot be engulfed by smoke, let alone both.

lomapaseo
4th Feb 2010, 19:06
I gotta admit that's is the first time ever I have seen a report with the words "smoke engulfing engines in flight" in thousands of reports that I have read

White Knight
4th Feb 2010, 22:51
And who the **** is A Shwarma? And who gives a :E:E:E:E Waste of bandwidth here:{

JEM60
5th Feb 2010, 10:07
WhiteKnight. Quite... Had a birdstrike in a Cessna 150 once, but I didn't bother to post it.........

MAN777
5th Feb 2010, 10:09
Commerce minister

Its typical "Sun" type reporting, sounds far more interesting. Cr*p I know but it got our interest !!

ManofMan
5th Feb 2010, 11:29
Phew....good to hear that the Nuns and Orphanage are safe....