PDA

View Full Version : Firefly Airlines terms and conditions

meggriffin
3rd Feb 2010, 12:06
Hi guys, just saw that Firefly are looking for captains, just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the terms offered and also whats Kuala Lumpur like as a city to live in.

Meg.

squarecrow
4th Feb 2010, 07:19
Judging by what I hear if you R ATR rated stay away and go some place other.
U were been warned,,

ozthai
4th Feb 2010, 08:02
Apparently some very valid reasons for captains leaving and that's why they have a shortage.

Doesn't seem to be a happy workplace that's for sure.

Proceed with caution.

meggriffin
4th Feb 2010, 20:41
Ok guys, whats the deal is it the money or the working conditions that are bad?

azlee_19
5th Feb 2010, 02:42
if i m not mistaken, captain take home about RM15k. Aircraft very new but nobody are expert in maintaining it because they borrow engineers frm MAS who maintain F50 and 737. id ticket for travel on MAS provided but heard there's a policy u wait for 1 hr minimum to verify the ticket (i dont know why and what phase- during ticket buying or b4 flight). Delays always expected because too many flights, no spare aircraft.

Its a job. there's always problem anywhere, but i m very confident on the safety part. Oh, i don't work for them, and all i heard is hearsay

squarecrow
5th Feb 2010, 04:12
15K about 5 to 5.5K usd. I heard really lousy workplace make by office politics .

southernmtn
5th Feb 2010, 04:22
MYR15,000 = USD4360; pretty far from USD5k.

kiterunner
5th Feb 2010, 05:55
Does anybody know what r the other benefits besides money and ticket?

juzlime
6th Feb 2010, 20:38
All pilots in Malaysia are paid like janitors in Old Trafford. So, take it or go to Manchester.

Chazbird
6th Feb 2010, 23:35
15,000 MYR for a ATR captain. What about housing, is this covered?
I was curious...I'm qualified and sent something to their website HR where they are explicitly asking for ATR captains and heard nothing back. So door number one is already blocked.

kwaiyai
7th Feb 2010, 10:18
Azlee 19 the ticket is ID75 on MAS plus you can buy anytime before the date you want to fly. You are on standby though so have to wait at chekin until 1hr before Departure time to confirm. For FY is same but ID90.
Delays not due to Aircraft shortage either,,

sondot06
8th Feb 2010, 03:21
I suggest u send to:

nik fazir: [email protected]

he might be of assistance.

OR

[email protected]

juzlime
22nd Apr 2010, 13:45
Hows the situation now in firefly? lots of new f/o n captains hired?

smiling monkey
23rd Apr 2010, 00:04
Any idea if Firefly will hire a type rated F/O on the ATR? but non-Malaysian Citizen.

I doubt it mate. Malaysian DCA policy has been to only allow Captains in but not f/o. And furthermore there are currently 5 part 141 schools in Malaysia churning out new CPL/IR candidates by the dozen each month many of whom are private cadets not attached to airlines. They're the ones being interviewed at the moment.

Fliegenderflieger
3rd Dec 2010, 19:03
Hello,
i am looking for updated news concerning a contract with firefly, salary, housing etc.
Does anybody has new infos?

Thanks a lot

brasmelzuit
4th Dec 2010, 12:09
Last time I checked, FF needs B 737 commander, for their upcoming B 737-800.
Some pilots are undergoing training in Brisbane.
Basic sallary : 12,000 RM
Housing allowance : 2,000 RM
Flight allowance :195 RM/hr,
If you attending classroom : 300 RM/day
Simulator allownace : 195 RM/hr.
EPF : 5 RM ( yes, 5 RM, not 5%, )
Tax payable by employee is 26%.
CMIIW..

kwaiyai
5th Dec 2010, 03:32
Are they taking only Typerated and current or like ATR do they consider
other experience as PIC? If they do and you are foreigner make sure you read the Training Agreement. dont be surprised if they cut your salary over the agreement period to recover the amount and offer it back after the
bond is finished in an attempt to make you stay. that happened to alot of Crew I knew there, plus watchout for the 150 percent of the bond amount clause. I remember The CEO stated at a meeting he would consider prorating the bond then went back on that word.
BTW they messed up with my agreement so I only had a small amount to payback so I could leave for better job any how. Personally Glad to get away from there. Nice Crew and Cabin crew to work for, not so nice Politic players in Office.

zzxxyy
21st Dec 2010, 09:24
TC´s for Captain
Money: After all expect:
9.000 Ringit basic salary, groß 3020USD / 2222EU
2.000 Ringit housing, groß 671USD / 494EU
-----------------------------------
11000 Ringit groß
-2800 Ringit tax
-----------------------------------
8150 Ringit, net 2782USD / 2012EU
+7200 Ringit productivity allowance for 80 hours
----------------------------------
15350 Ringit per month for a Captain

in USD (Nov. 15. 2010) 5154 USD
in EU ( Nov. 15 2010) 3790 EU
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif
Thats it, nothing else- if you get what the contract says- see threads above.
Do not expect to safe money from your housing allowance, the opposit may come.

Annual Leave 28 days
You are entitled to take leave after 6 month.
You may split your leave to 2x14 days to get home.

The City:
Very interesting to see the Petronas Towers, the KL tower and stroll around for two days or so. Than you have seen the green city. It is noisy as usual in Asia but cleaner as in India or eg Bangkok.
But the Climate is a big issue. Temperatures are between 23 and 33 degrees-
sounds good but keep in mind the humidity is always above 82 % -that makes it definitely extreem difficult to stay! Think about this!
During a normal day in the city you are mostly in a shopping mall after a few days here in Malaysia. You do not enjoy the landscape because of the climate. It is a life within the buildings.
The beaches are far away. You have to drive at least two hours to the next lovely beaches brcause the closest coastline is muddy and will not invite to swim or even be there.
So:
Compared to other Asian Offer the salary is very low.
The City is nice to see for two days and than go again,
the beaches are far away.
And finally: Try never to negociate with anybody about a the contract.
All in all a stay is more difficult than you may expect.
When you are there, you are there with all the circumstances you will slide in.
I can not give any advice but take everything into account before you make a descision.

arba
21st Dec 2010, 16:56
xxzzyy,

is that for the ATR or the 73NG ?

kwaiyai
22nd Dec 2010, 13:45
That will be for ATR, sounds like they paying less cos I was on
10.500 basic.
I understand the 73/800 is 12K PM, Nice try FY I got Payrise after that announcement and sector alowance