PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Checks

veloo maniam
3rd Feb 2010, 08:26
Hello Engineers..I would like to know what are the kind of checks an aircraft goes through periodically. Assuming a new wide body comes into the scene with 0hours in the air(minus the test hours).When will be its next check?
As a Ctler I normally know off 3-5mins per flight for long haul within my airspace(By giving track shortenings).
Assuming if an aircraft were to fly 365days it saves 365minutes(knocking off 1mmin per flight) which means 365mins more in the air. I am aware that an airplane wont be flying everyday.
This is where I need some explanation of how many hours does an airplane flies before it goes for its routine checks.Thanks for the replies.much appreciated.:ok:

ArthurR
3rd Feb 2010, 12:17
This will give you a little, but checks can vary from Airline to airline

Aircraft maintenance checks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_maintenance_checks)

Alber Ratman
3rd Feb 2010, 13:19
Yes, it all depends on the operators useage of that particular airframe in regards to cycles and flying hours. Your routing change of a couple of minutes isn't going to reduce the number of cycles that aircraft is going to do..

Times that C Checks will also be carried out can be affected by the application of AD's / SB's that must be carried out by set dates / FH / Cycles. It can be more cost effective to have the C check done at this point also..:eek:

veloo maniam
3rd Feb 2010, 23:34
Thanks ArthurR