PDA

View Full Version : Looking to renew a Tanzanian CPL licence/ upgrade to ATPL

Shiner Pilot
3rd Feb 2010, 03:43
Hi
I have an expired Tanzanian CPL, I also have a current JAR ATPL and in the next month a FAA ATP.
What would I have to do to convert to a TZ ATPL.

Are there any jobs out there for someone with 2500hrs total.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatful

Kind regards

SP

kunguru
5th Feb 2010, 09:40
Hi Why do you want TZ atpl? If you are in usa. Come to TZ and you can apply for the job. With low hours you have to struggle little bit. Contact the TCAA and you will get the right answer

Vialengai
9th Feb 2010, 11:54
My understanding is that you would have to write the Tanzanian Conversion Exam again and then do an ATPL instrument flight test. I believe it is fairly straight forward. Good luck.

sb0nd1
10th Feb 2010, 07:46
Im also a TZ citizen with abt 250TT, just graduated frm embry riddle with FAA CPL/AMEL. Planning to return to dar in april. I also have a dispatchers licence...

1.What is the best thing that can happen in my career in tanzania?

2. Ive heard that the conversion duration can be short, but how much approximate COST can I expect?

3. Start salaries for the carrier you think I can go for?

I will appreciate all the wisdom!

Nitashukuru Sana!!

kunguru
10th Feb 2010, 12:50
Greetings from TZ. With your dispacher licence advantage, you can get a job with precisionair or air zara. if you are willing to pay for your ATR rating then the job in Precisionair is available. heard they are looking for ATR ratings pilots. KARIBU TANZANIA. HAKUNA MATATA

optimus.Prime
16th Feb 2010, 14:25
@ kunguru,

Kindly check your PM Inbox!

sb0nd1
4th Mar 2010, 02:39
Thanks for the info. I was not confident however, with the little hours i have it wouldbe possible for me to aim for precision. Any ideas about tc?

Regarding Tanzanian citizen pilots, do they have a shortage?

Is it going to be mandatory for me to pay for my type on the atr?

Sorry to bother, but i do need your help bro.

Hakuna matata!