PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Circus

astronaute
1st Feb 2010, 20:29
The brand new uniform, directly mail from China:hmm:

http://www.freemyspaceupload.com/pics/tZOolZRMEshfQkgUJvuNy.JPG (http://www.freemyspaceupload.com/)

We are not pilots anymore but clowns !:ugh:

astronaute
1st Feb 2010, 21:06
It s not about cadets ! A friend of mine did send me this picture of his new uniform, tailored in China !:}

What a joke ! Nevertheless, the responsible for the fiasco has received a good bonus.:mad:

Super the Orangeland:mad:

The Flying Cokeman
1st Feb 2010, 21:49
Astronaute,

It does not say anywhere on the clothing that it has been manufactured in China, in fact it does not say where at all.....

If it is from China who cares..... go and buy a high class state of the art MAC machine....guess where that has been manufactured too :ok:

Adios
1st Feb 2010, 22:21
Mona,

The new EasyJet pilots don't need a wallet. They just wire EasyJet's paycheck right into the company's bank account. No need to keep any pesky old cash lying around.

SKY's4ME
2nd Feb 2010, 09:18
Not many wearing this discrace of fabric. Will be intresting if any do so?

astronaute
2nd Feb 2010, 09:35
Flying Cokeman,

My friend received this uniform in a package from China. EasyJet wanted to save money on the backs of the pilot ,result, all uniforms have to be done again.

EasyJet management are really crooks and Chinese must review their methods of tailoring. :hmm:

Craggenmore
7th Feb 2010, 10:33
I like the wood flooring in the picture. Where did it come from please?

p.s - does your friend speak Chinese? Perhaps its from Taiwan, Japan or Korea?

astronaute
8th Feb 2010, 21:13
MADE IN CHINA ! In plein english :ok:

Norman Stanley Fletcher
8th Feb 2010, 23:54
May I humbly suggest that threads like this do easyJet pilots no favours - it makes us look like dorks. There really are a whole lot more pressing issues than this to worry about.

FlyingOfficerKite
9th Feb 2010, 02:19
If I had a uniform like that it would be THE one most pressing issue!

It's not the pilots who are dorks, but the manufacturers - everything these days comes from China. A silent revolution.

KR

FOK

EGCC4284
9th Feb 2010, 03:15
NSF

Me and about 100 Thomson Airways pilots are going to be thrown onto the dole in the next 2-3 months. You think easy may stop taking the piss and start looking at guys who have got a few hours

RC

The Flying Cokeman
9th Feb 2010, 08:09
EGCC4284,

In the current climate no.

ledz147
9th Feb 2010, 08:50
A little off the topic guys, but does anybody know what happens if you pass the ryanair assessment? do you go straight away for type rating or do you go into a pool? Also any idea what the starting salary is for a new f/o?
Thanks, ledz

EK4457
9th Feb 2010, 16:16
Ledz,

As FR have no need for any pilots it is a fairly long process from sim assessment to your first pay day.

About a month to find out if you were successful. Wait around 6 months to start TR. TR about 6 weeks. Wait about a month for Base Training. Earn nowt till safety pilot release on line training.

It can vary quite a bit, but 6-12 months till your first pay day.

How much? You should get 600-700 hours in your first year.

EK

ledz147
9th Feb 2010, 16:48
cheers for that, any idea of salary? ish?

EK4457
9th Feb 2010, 18:54
FR don't do salaries. They pay per scheduled block hour - thats how much flying they decide to give you per month. You have a month full of flying - great. A month of stand bys - no so great.

You have NO control over what you get given, and so No control over your monthly pay.

The rate of pay varies depending on your level of experience too, so it is impossible to give a 'salary'.

However, your first 12 months of flying should bring in around 25,000 to 30,000 euros.

Not many holidays to spend drinking in Didsbury though!

Don't forget the £32,000 euro TR too...

frogone
9th Feb 2010, 18:57
"FR don't do salaries"

Not correct.

Frogone

EK4457
9th Feb 2010, 19:06
The mandatory PPRUNE pedantic post has just been made. Yawn.

There are a very limited number of Ryanair contracts available which do offer a salary.

However, the FR pilot model is based on the vast majority being on a Brookfield contract.

As a new starter, you WILL be offered a Brookfield contract. This was clearly the case in question and was (correctly) assumed in my answer.

Anyonel else want to make a pompus remark feel free - was only trying to give the guy some numbers to play with. Won't bother next time.

EK out.

frogone
9th Feb 2010, 19:10
You've made a comment that is factually incorrect. My comment isn't pompous it's just factually correct.

Furthermore FR contracts are available for FOs and have been offered recently. Most new hires are offered BRK contracts and if they are worth their salt can apply for a RYR contract when they are offered as was the case over past few months.

Frogone

EK4457
9th Feb 2010, 19:20
I didn't say FOs will not get an FR contract. Just that you will not get offered one to start.

Funny how you make another pompus post in order to claim youre not pompus.

Factually correct.

Ek

frogone
9th Feb 2010, 20:22
EK4457 take a look at #17, key word being salaries, not contracts.

For those interested in salaries, €28,000 in some bases for FOs. Plus sector pay, circa €20,000.

Frogone

al446
9th Feb 2010, 23:34
I agree, I thought this thread was about EZY.

go around flaps15
9th Feb 2010, 23:49
Frogone was absolutely correct to pull you up. It was not pompous, it was just correct to the letter. Your post was not. Full stop.

Apologies Alpha and al EZY thread back.

EK4457
10th Feb 2010, 16:34
C'mon guys- hardly dragging a serious debate through the gutter. This thread is not even jet blast material.

I just didn't think the tone was called for. I happily corrected my error. No problem guys.

GAF15 - didn't know you were a moderator?

EK

Localiser
11th Feb 2010, 06:20
If we're being "pompus" [sic] and particular; I feel I must point it that it's actually spelt pompous.

Thank you.

:}

clanger32
11th Feb 2010, 11:28
Localiser,
Don't think that counts as pompous actually, think that's more pedantry.... :}

EK4457
11th Feb 2010, 13:10
Localiser, good point. Shame about your grammar.

Thank you

Arf!

EK

Norman Stanley Fletcher
11th Feb 2010, 15:32
Chaps, without meaning to spoil your internal squabbles about Ryanair contracts or salaries as the case may be - this is the wrong place for it. Please take your comments somewhere else to either the countless Ryanair threads or start another one. If, however, you wish to discuss the point of the thread then do feel free to contribute. Many thanks.

Airbus Girl
11th Feb 2010, 17:58
OK ladies, put the handbags away and lets get back to talking about Ryanair :E

John Boeman
11th Feb 2010, 20:03
Me, I want to know why so many people are not able to spell the word "lose". :E

al446
11th Feb 2010, 20:32
Don't you mean loose?

Chief Brody
12th Feb 2010, 09:32
Quote: Hows morale in BA

As thats quite a bit off topic for this thread I'll attempt to keep it short.

Assuming you are referring only to the pilots its a tricky question to answer. There are about 3300 (give or take a hundred) so there are very few things which have anything close to a universal concensus. The guys and gals I fly with seem in good spirits but yes there's significant dismay that for a long time now the only news reports re BA have focussed on the cc dispute and monetary loss - not the relief flights to Haiti, the LCY JFK route which is doing better than expected, the new first class product (granted this is not really news), the ever so slight up-turn in business travel, the positive impact the cost cutting measures have had on the company balance sheet etc etc.

Hows morale? Mediocre to good (IMHO)

With the cc dispute an ongoing issue there will doubtless be another round of negative news with BA as the bogeyman in the middle, but one thing I think a lot of 'Nigels' feel is that WW will chart a course through this -how many reefs are struck along the way and what shape the ship will be in when we emerge is another tricky question to answer.

Take care all.

CB

Piltdown Man
12th Feb 2010, 23:37
Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

PM

al446
12th Feb 2010, 23:58
Well I've just paid you for the full half hour.

al446
13th Feb 2010, 16:18
Yes I did..................

Maybe we should just cut to the bit about argument not being gainsaying for the sake of it. Then the complaints dept.

I will now slope off and leave you EZY guys with it if you wish.