PDA

View Full Version : RPT or Corporate?

Merlins Magic
31st Jan 2010, 04:59
I am currently and FO on a regional Turbo-prop and will soon do my upgrade to a command. My airline offers great job security and lifestyle.

I have an opportunity to leave this airline and get work as an FO on a Hawker 850 and possibly a G200 or even a G550.

Does anyone have experience in leaving a solid airline environment and moving to corporate? Was it a good decision or have you regretted it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

NuName
31st Jan 2010, 06:30
What kind of a numbskull question is this? :eek: :ugh:

His dudeness
31st Jan 2010, 07:29
Merlins Magic, there are plenty of threads on the very subject.

I canīt comment for Australias market, but right I now I would not move an inch if Iīd have a secure job, airline or not.

get work as an FO on a Hawker 850 and possibly a G200 or even a G550.

If every airplane I was promised in my relatively long (20years) and flat career would have turned up, there would be no ramp space left in Europe... (I obviously donīt know the circiumstances of your job offerings, but it sounds oh so familiar...)

FlyMD
31st Jan 2010, 08:10
The upgrade process done in the structured environment of an airline is a precious experience, which you will definitely NOT get in corporate. Getting your 4 stripes where you are working now will give you the confidence and legitimacy you need to get better jobs in corporate afterwards.
There is now question in my mind as to where the fund and the money are these days, but in your case, a little patience will pay off big time later.

F111
31st Jan 2010, 11:10
Send me a pm I think I know the company you are looking at and might have an idea that could help you.