PDA

View Full Version : Who is recruiting?

turboV1
30th Jan 2010, 14:21
Hi ppruners!

I would like to ask you to state companies you know are currently recruiting. I have the feeling that despite the crisis we are in, there must be some companies recruiting. I am not looking for specific types/experience, I am just trying to get a big picture of what is going on in the recruitment front.

Thanks all!

PS: I would be grateful to all of you if we could keep the focus on the topic and not begin to complain about how bad the current situation is. ie. XYZ Airlines is recruiting 20 First Officers, ABC Airways is recruiting DECs

tV1

Love_joy
30th Jan 2010, 14:31
Jet2, Emirates, Qatar... there are more.

Plenty of E-Jet jobs in Africa, China and India.

captplaystation
30th Jan 2010, 14:39
Ryanair, Easy jet (well kind of ),Wizzair, Air Italy Polska, Turkish,Corendon, Pegasus, Olympic, Korean, every Chinese company in existence, Emirates, Fly Dubai, Air India Express, Vietnam, ANA Cargo & their recently integrated pax division, JetAirFly, Jet4You, ASky, Virgin Nigeria, Ethiopian, Arik Air, & sure more.

unimuts
30th Jan 2010, 15:09
I think most companies are only recruiting captains with time on type. Not many if any are recruiting FO's unless your paying to fly.

Try to look at ppjn,com

Uni

:ok:

frogone
30th Jan 2010, 15:11
Onur Air - ad in Flight

ab33t
31st Jan 2010, 12:50
There seems to be a lot of jobs around if you have the correct time and qualifications

josmison
31st Jan 2010, 14:23
got FAA ATPL 1570 hrs total F-27 most of them with a 737 NG rating

is it right qualification? and where ?

useless
31st Jan 2010, 14:46
try hong kong airlines/express

TOFFAIR
1st Feb 2010, 15:17
In Brazil it looks good, for FO's even little or no experience: Tam, Trip, Azul, Webjet, possibly Oceanair, Nht, Passaredo. Though some are hiring fast tracks end DECs only Nationals and to know s/o to indicate never hurts...

Zippy Monster
1st Feb 2010, 15:44
I offer this purely as an alternative viewpoint on this thread...

If you're looking for a job and you find a company hiring, why would you come and announce it on here? That's just going to increase the competition for the job!

I'm not being funny. I'm lucky enough to be in employment at the moment so it fortunately doesn't affect me. I'm just telling it like it is. It's hard enough to find a job already, so why make it any more difficult for yourself? There are a finite number of operators in the world; far better to research them properly yourself than to expect people to come on here and put them on a plate for you. The fewer people know about the job you're applying for, the less difficult it will be for you to get it!

Won't you feel a bit frustrated when you're beaten to the job by someone who saw your post on PPrune and applied at the same time?

As they say, standing by for incoming... :oh:

Serenity
1st Feb 2010, 16:03
Zippy..... how about those who know of jobs going and who can enlighten and help their fellow comrades.
I know what it`s like trying to get your first job on a flight deck and also the pain and despair of losing said job!!!

I do what i can to help those less fortunate (i was very lucky when facing redundancey), this industry is going down the tubes as it is (no thanks to MOL and his kind and those cadets who pay 25 grand a throw for a type rating, yes it gets you a job, but now the airlines know you will pay, it screws everyone else and the T&C ! Mr cadet , your job is now worth several grand a year less because you paid!)

We need to do what we can to stick together, help each other out and create a better future for us all!!

skyfly46
1st Feb 2010, 16:19
We need to do what we can to stick together, help each other out and create a better future for us all!!

WORD!

/Flyer

Avenger
1st Feb 2010, 17:11
TUI have just taken a load of KLM flight academy guys with 737 ratings and no time on type..but to be honest josmison you will need a JAR licence to work most places these days. F27 still fly in Asia, you may get lucky there, but not on the 737 with no hours on type.

mandsballard
1st Feb 2010, 18:45
hey to all, im a Hawker400xp driver 4600hrs TT 1000PIC Jet looking for work anywere.
Anyone got a clue who to send a resume to. Ive got one into Saudi Airlines right now but nothing as of yet.
Looking for help:confused::confused:

Fiske
1st Feb 2010, 20:06
Hi Avenger,

could you let me know which part of TUI
has taken on these KLM guys?

Thanks

josmison
1st Feb 2010, 20:58
thanks guys for the infos

first_solo
2nd Feb 2010, 09:51
"could you let me know which part of TUI
has taken on these KLM guys?"

Belgium Jetairfly

captjns
2nd Feb 2010, 10:34
Jet Airways is also hiring. Looking for around 50 DECs.

AQIS Boigu
2nd Feb 2010, 10:35
for anyone with an Aussie/NZ passport... Virgin Blue, Jetstar, Tiger Airways...no rating or hours required...and NO, nobody will help you with a work permit or even think of sponsoring you...

60west
2nd Feb 2010, 11:10
Jet Airways hiring
it's only for tandoori pilots

Avenger
2nd Feb 2010, 12:01
The KLM Guys are on a 10 month contract, paid, and will fly out of Brussels when their line training is completed, and perhaps later Arke Fly.

captjns
3rd Feb 2010, 04:41
As per 60West...

Jet Airways hiring it's only for tandoori pilots

Negative good buddy.

Brenoch
3rd Feb 2010, 05:55
Tandoori pilots? Is that pilots succulently prepared in a clay oven?

60west
3rd Feb 2010, 08:59
I'd love to be corrected but on their website, Europe and Global pages, careers, it says "we are currently not recruiting for any new positions".

While on the Indian site.
"Line Captain B737 NG
Interested candidate should be an Indian national possessing current DGCA ATPL, FRTO, RTR (A). Age 25 years and above.

Type Rated – Line Captain ATR 72-500
Interested candidate should be an Indian national possessing current DGCA ATPL, FRTO, RTR(A).

If you have different info pls share, I'm looking for a 77 position

captjns
3rd Feb 2010, 20:37
More than happy to share with job seekers.

Check with Sigmar and Brookfield Aviation. Former Globspan pilots just finished their line training with Jet Airways this week. There are two former Sky Europe and Continental Airlines pilots in training as we speak.

No pilots being hired for the 777 as contracts for expats for the fleet have not been renewed.

Good luck:ok:.

60west
3rd Feb 2010, 20:44
captjns

thanks

hunterboy
4th Feb 2010, 08:42
I see that Turkish Airlines are offering 8500 Euros + diems. Doesn´t seem a lot of money for a 777 Captain working 3 weeks ON 1 week OFF.

Avenger
4th Feb 2010, 15:45
3 on 1 off is practically 50% roster, for 8500Euro plus the bits, that's about right given the state of the industry whilst the wages may seem to be taking a dive, for every month guys sit on the moral high ground their debts get bigger. Qatar 777 Cpt is not much more, Ok the accomodation is good and the travel.

raklameen
4th Feb 2010, 19:42
not for the unhygenic "BURGERS" like you right?:p

proceeding outbound
5th Feb 2010, 06:34
Not when I did maths at school. 25% time off is a rubbish roster but needs must.

harriewillem
5th Feb 2010, 07:00
Situation in Holland:

KLM: No
Transavia: No
Martinair: No
Amsterdam Airlines: Hiring CPT only
Denim Air: No
AIS Airlines: Hiring CPT only
Solid Air: No

Dried ears
5th Feb 2010, 10:27
BMI Regional

Duir, any clues how you get a hold of the application form, HR are not replying?

Apologies, found it, it's here:

http://www.flybmi.com/downloads/bmiregional/bmi_regional_application_form.pdf

lil blue
5th Feb 2010, 10:29
Situation in Germany:
Lufthansa - no
Air Berlin - screenings in progress but for waiting list
Condor - no
TUIfly/Hapag - no
Germania - no
Germanwings - no
Contact air - lay offs
Eurowings - lay offs
Cirrus - uncertain to negative
Augsburg - uncertain
LH Cityline - no
XL Airways - CPT & FO with 738 rating and hours
LGW - no
ACG - no
Aerologic - yes but need lots of hours for relative low pay
DCA - no
Some small operators are looking vor crews with Citation ratings.
That's it.

:ugh: This situation realy sucks... I wanna fly!!

captjns
5th Feb 2010, 11:59
Airlines are recruiting in China along with KAL in Korea. Rather than hanging about looking for work where it's just non-exististent is not going to turn the market around. You want to fly??? then look to the east.

B737NG
5th Feb 2010, 12:07
It takes more then wanna fly if you look to the east. At the moment I would not reccommend KAL as the internal problems are too huge and the Expats are not welcomed in that climate despite all the shiny adverts. Why are the requirements gone so low on all Types they looking for ??

Fly safe and land happy

NG

VRSCSE2
5th Feb 2010, 12:33
Lots of hiring going on in China. Mostly A320 and B737.
Many slave traders out there...but I have been happy with UPlus aviation.
Take care and good luck!

EAM
5th Feb 2010, 13:52
Airlines are recruiting in China along with KAL in Korea.

If you are rated on an Airbus, or at least on a Boeing, yes, if not, very low chances in asia.

woofly31
5th Feb 2010, 13:55
Has anything else been heard regarding recruitment at bmi Regional? :ok:

captjns
5th Feb 2010, 14:18
EAM states...

If you are rated on an Airbus, or at least on a Boeing, yes, if not, very low chances in asia.

Actually ATR and Q400 and Q800 pilots are needed in Asia too. Check with Sigmar and Parc.

Oily pressure
5th Feb 2010, 15:00
Up to 10 bmir resignations in the very near future due to a middle east Co. recruiting. Having spoken to a bmir TRI , because they are already undercrewed, the likely hood of recruitment is exceptionally high, so therefore expect up to 10 FO positions being available if not more! Any command positions will be filled from within.

boeingbus2002
5th Feb 2010, 22:45
Many people say look abroad or East for pilot jobs. Sure for experienced type rated crew there are opportunities. Some may not appeal due to location or cultural differences. However does anyone know if anyone with low hours has succeeded? Agencies wouldn't be interested yet many peeps would easily be able to consider a position abroad. Those type rated with 1000's hours maybe less inclined to move due to family commitments back home.

Steve Michell
6th Feb 2010, 08:34
Just 20 nm from Hong Kong, Shenzen Airlines is presently hiring through several agencies. $140k net, plus bonuses for captains. 34 days of paid leave.
I believe Aloft Aero Staff and Contractair are just a few.
Cheers,
Steve

thatwasclose
8th Feb 2010, 05:36
Things have changed condition wise here, but emirates is pretty desperate for pilots in seems. Anyone with 2,000 hours above 55 ton and 4,000 has a pretty decent shot at an interview in the next few months as there was no hiring for a while. If someone needs a job its worth a go.

Nightfire
8th Feb 2010, 15:24
Emirates may need pilots, but they won't just take anyone. The assessment is quite hard, with a high fail-rate.

Even qatari fail people during the writtens - and they should be happy about anybody who wants to come. :}

There are jobs around, but they're also hard to get, especially if you're still inexperienced.

WidebodyWillie
8th Feb 2010, 16:12
Fair enough but Emirates aren't any harder to get into than any other respectable airline (have a couple friends who work there). Most respectable airlines these days have pretty tough selection proceedures (ever tried BA's when they were recruiting?) and so these aren't reserved purely for Emirates.

From what I've read about the moral in Emirates amongst its employees and the general disrespect for westerners in the sand pit I personally wouldn't wish to work for them or live in Dubai. But that's my own choice and opinion I guess.

Good that things seem to be picking up though :ok:

lights out
8th Feb 2010, 16:46
any idea about age limit?
what does the interview process look like?
thanks for info
regards lights out

SRS
8th Feb 2010, 20:25
Emirates is starting a big recruitment drive. If you qualify get on the band wagon!

thatwasclose
9th Feb 2010, 09:28
Not sure about the age limit, its not very restrictive.
The interview is a 4 day process right now. Its basically alot of physic stuff, crm games and something they call a compass test. Of course the sim. The great thing is that you cannot really study for it. On the sim they are looking mostly for crm.
Morale is down here, we are working harder than before and managment has not been great to us. But if you need work and want to come now would be the time.

lights out
9th Feb 2010, 16:44
thank you "that was close"
useful and friendly info
(compared to lots of blabla and bragging etc in this forum)
all the best
lights out