PDA

View Full Version : eBooks?

CargoMatatu
30th Jan 2010, 13:58
Firstly, guys, I have to declare that I am a complete technomoron, so I need all the help I can get!

I have just bought an eBook reader (Sony 600 touch screen reader). It appears to be the bee's knees and I'm very happy with it. :ok:

But I'm having great difficulty trying to get new books to install on it via the web. :confused:

Of course it doesn't help being resident in Luxembourg and trying to register the product on Sony's web site. The drop-down country list includes everwhere except Luxembourg, and if you select a neighbouring country it only allows the entry of an address in that country, so it is impossible to buy any books from Sony's own eBook shop! :ugh:

What to do? Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

green granite
30th Jan 2010, 15:34
First of all use their website to send them an E-Mail asking them why your country is not included in their list and how are you supposed to register it with them.

CargoMatatu
30th Jan 2010, 16:59
That was the first thing I tried.

Unless I was doing something wrong, even sending them an email via their Europe website required exactly the same address entry format!

Getting nowhere! :ugh:

Saab Dastard
30th Jan 2010, 17:32
Find out from the vendor how you are supposed to use it in your country - I assume you also bought it in Luxembourg.

If they can tell you, that's great, sorted.

If not, tell them you will return it as it is patently unfit for purpose, as it is impossible to get books to read on it in your country.

SD

CargoMatatu
31st Jan 2010, 07:57
Bought it on board KLM, HKG-AMS.

Seemed like a good idea at the time! Actually it's a cracking piece of kit. It came with 250 books pre-loaded, mostly classics, and in a variety of languages (100 English, 100 French and 50 Dutch).

But, as it is compatible with all kinds of formats, I'm not overly fussed if I can't use Sony's own eBook store. I would like to know about accessing all the others that are (apparently!) out there, and how to go about it - remember, I'm a technomoron!

Whirlygig
31st Jan 2010, 08:10
You could try Sony in Luxembourg ...

[email protected]
00352 48 16 60 399
22, rue Christophe Plantin
L-2339 LuxembourgCheers

Whirls