PDA

View Full Version : Project The Free Flight - PTFF

Greg2041
29th Jan 2010, 15:58
I'm not sure quite where I should post my query as it touches upon different forum areas so forgive me if I have got it wrong.

Our church is seeking to acquire, restore and fly an aircraft, working with disadvantaged young people in the area. It will provide a structured education programme and a formal qualification as well as exposure to industry practitioners from a range of disciplines.It is going to be about building relationships, hard work and ultimately fun!

The team has been assembled (all from within the church) including aeronautical engineers, marine engineers, avionics and electrical engineers, an experience ex-forces pilot who now flies commerically, a project manager, a teacher, youth worker, youth minister...... and the list goes on.

I am confident that we can find somewhere suitable to restore an aircraft or two but we need a suitable aircraft. So my questions are,

What sort of salvaged aircraft should we be looking to acquire?

[Ideally we would like a minimum of 4 seats and preferably one that would cost us nothing to purchase. Miracles do happen!]

Have you any ideas as to where we could start looking to acquire one?

[From a restoration point of view, the more work the better as it is the process which is more important than the end result.]

Thank you in advance

Greg