PDA

View Full Version : Any Job Vacancies Out There?

pyracantha
29th Jan 2010, 09:57
Any of you Guys, and Gals know if your company/airline have vacancies for experienced B1 type rated on A320 series or the B747-400? Permanent or on contract basis? Willing to travel within reason.... getting messed around by the agencies for the last few months with their empty promises.. :ugh:

ab33t
29th Jan 2010, 10:58
Welcome to the merry go round . Most of us are experiencing similar promises or not promises

simonchowder
29th Jan 2010, 11:51
Sadly its not always the agencies fault ,were all getting the runaround ,things are very very tough at present, heard this morning that one the companies who looked after globespan are in serious trouble due to the collapse, very bad times, however things will im sure start to pick up this year.

hoodyski
1st Feb 2010, 21:27
I have moved into a non aviation job for the time being after many empty promises from agencies. I think the industry is really struggling at the moment and I cant realistically see things changing for a while, we have been in decline all of last year. Obviously keep trying for jobs but be prepared to wait, there will be a recovery and there will be a very strong demand for people like us eventually, thats my view.

pyracantha
3rd Feb 2010, 16:00
As I'm sure you are all aware, after 18 months off-type, it'll back to the bottom of the ladder again. The only people who will be happy are those offering "referesher training" at grosely inflated prices. Last month now of trying, then will be getting my arse into another industry if nothing changes. 26 years experience down the drain, but does the CAA or industry give a damn, they are all out to save a few bucks and hire the trainee on half wages.