PDA

View Full Version : The Drunken Duck.......

Mightycrewseven
29th Jan 2010, 08:22
With the Nimrod MR2 OSD looming, has any consideration been given regarding what to do with the "Drunken Duck"?

Are we to let the DD live on, particularly as it's location is going to move later this year. Or, do we re-patriate the sign to an appropriate place at RAF Kinloss (CXX bar??)

I think the latter suggestion would me more appropriate given the circumstances. The 'other' Nimrod Sqn could return the sign sometime this year.

Any thoughts?

M7 Sends

ENDURANCE - CXX/3

cornish-stormrider
29th Jan 2010, 17:18
Damn - thats a good idea, give it a formal drinking in (well as formal as turn up and have a bevvy) and get it sorted.

Long live the Duck, I would like a large dram, in absentia if one would be so kind.

DICKY the PIG
29th Jan 2010, 22:47
I was thinking similiar thoughts just the other day. NLS also had a bell made up, that needs to come home as well. Perhaps both items could end up in the VPI bar, or another such place where important decisions are made!!!!:ok:

RumPunch
30th Jan 2010, 00:01
Dont quote me Dicky but a few of our guys took the bell back post Typhoon Gonu, the DOB wanted to rid the name of the Drunken Duck at the time (but we all prevailed and ensured that was not the case) the bell was in a worn state. I can try and find out but im sure it was taken back to the Church on camp for display , that was certainly the intention.

Keep fogetting tying up old memories with the rundown, seen poor 54 on bay 17 today , what a sad sight. Made me very sad (off topic)

monkeytamer
30th Jan 2010, 14:19
I thought that another Nimrod det (NLS & Aircrew) put an order in for another bell in 2008. Is that still there?

MT

Duncan D'Sorderlee
30th Jan 2010, 17:07
Got to concur with RP that 54 is looking a sorry state; they shoot horses, don't they?

Perhaps they should hide her in the woods?

Duncs:ok:

Sorry for the thread creep!