PDA

View Full Version : Mokuti Lodge Namibia

Habari
29th Jan 2010, 03:35
Can anybody tell me if Mokuti Lodge strip is suitable for use by corporate jets?
If not, would Tsumeb be the nearest suitable airfield?
Thanks

Voel
31st Jan 2010, 06:37
Hi Habari, been out of the country for some time but as far as I know Mokuti has only a dirt strip, with few meters of paved runway for those doing engine run-ups. Tsumeb would be the nearest and best.

Habari
31st Jan 2010, 07:06
Thanks Voel. Appreciate your response. Happy landings

172driver
1st Feb 2010, 10:08
Last time I was there (Oct 07) it had about 25-35% of the rwy tarred, rest dirt. Also, at the time, no fuel. Suggest you give them a call (Google the lodge) and find out current state of play.

As Voel says, Tsumeb probably your better option.

BushCaptain
1st Feb 2010, 12:01
Hi,

I would recommend Ondangwa, Tsumeb could handle a small jet, but it's not really that suitable as the runway is quite narrow.
Ondangwa has better facilities to accommodate a jet including immigration if needed.

Mokuti Lodge
1st Feb 2010, 12:14
Hello,

here the details for Mokuti Airstrip with all secifications.

The Kempinski Mokuti Lodge Airstrip is situated approximately 90 km north-west of Tsumeb. The Air Strip lies on the boundary of the Etosha National Park. This area is abundant with vegetation and animal life.
This a private Air Strip with prior arranged permission required for public use.

IATA 3 letter Code: OKU
Coordinates: Longitude : 17° 03’ 07” E
Latitude : 18° 48’ 52” S
Runway Length: 2200 m
Runway Width: 30 m
Runway elevation: 3650 ft
ICAO reference code: No. 3 with a non-instrument runway intended for daylight operation only, but can accomodate emergency night time operation.

The airstrip has a gravel surfaced runway of which approximately 700m, from threshold 08, is concrete and has a published LCN of 8. The designation of the runway is 08/26.

gerpols
1st Feb 2010, 14:13
Dont know the size of your businessjet, but if its a large one I would recommend Windhoek Int Airport which also has a published Instr appr (ILS).
Small jets can land at Windhoek Eros (Business)Airport, no instr appr though.

Fly safe !

CJ750
1st Feb 2010, 16:10
Habari

I agree with BushCaptain. Go to Ondangwa as there is fuel and immigration there. Tsumeb is a bit tight for a bizjet.

flysafe.

Habari
3rd Feb 2010, 04:58
Thanks for all the info guys. Really appreciated.
Habari

vaninnam
3rd Feb 2010, 05:53
It was made for bizjets.I used to live there and have landed there in many different aircraft.I have also seen many other bizjets land there.In the rainy season wich is now the gravel at the end of the runway is very soft for the turn around.
If it is your first point of entry the lodge used to arrange immigration to come to the lodge,that might have changed now.
greetings

CJ750
3rd Feb 2010, 12:38
Maybe older generation bizjets but the newer ones are not allowed onto gravel strips at all

Stierado
7th Feb 2010, 08:55
Would agree with CJ750...think you would need a new paint job afterwards too...what about Grootfontein as another option...it has been a while since I last went there, but it also does customs and immigration...dont know about the fuel situation thou...?!?...good luck