PDA

View Full Version : Two Old Helicopter Pilots Have Something In Common

SASless
28th Jan 2010, 21:26
Every now and then there has been a suggestion we talk of what it was like to fly helicopters in combat. As the Vietnam War was the first real helicopter war.....much of the traditions and espirit de corps that exists in the US Military helicopter aviation harkens back to those days.

I ran across a story today that portrays the bonding that occurs amongst those who serve together in battle.....and how being a helicopter pilot brings out the best in people during trying times.

After reading this account of two old helicopter pilots.....I think you will see what I mean.....it is so humbling to have been allowed to serve with Men like these.

No Greater Gift (http://www.chpa-us.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=102930&orgId=chpa)

http://data.memberclicks.com/site/chpa/Lou%20and%20Ron%20Kidney%20Brothers%2001_27_10.gif

chester2005
29th Jan 2010, 00:26
What a heartwarming story............
It moved me that the bond still exists after all these years.
SAS you are priviledged to have served alongside these men.

Chester:ok:

VeeAny
29th Jan 2010, 08:53
Chester you hit the nail on the head.

BoeingMEL
29th Jan 2010, 09:07
...we need these feel-good stories to help us through our lives, thank you for sharing.

ps Best not tell your former B47 Korean-war jockeys that 'Nam was the first helicopter war though!

Thanks again.

:ok: bm

ab33t
29th Jan 2010, 11:43
Fantastic story , thanks for sharing

SASless
29th Jan 2010, 14:00
Boeing,

The Korean War guys should not forget the WWII guys and their R-4's.

What made Vietnam different was the sheer numbers, tactics, and predominance of the helicopter in the way the war was fought....that is what I meant by it being the "first helicopter war".

You will notice the CHPA is open to combat helicopter pilots from any War and any service of the US Military.

inmate
29th Jan 2010, 18:55
Thanks SAS,
I guess they are both doing well. :ok:

MightyGem
29th Jan 2010, 22:05
Good story, SAS. Thanks for posting it.

BoeingMEL
30th Jan 2010, 12:47
...good point. Thanks again for sharing.

bm