PDA

View Full Version : BA Exec points & a change of flight

hpcock
28th Jan 2010, 12:46
For those of you in the know - I've recently purchased 3 tickets with BA, travelling in Club world, using part cash, part points. I need to change the return date of my flight owing to an early return to work.

I need to know if I will be able to do this & still retain my J class status or will I lose the points & be downgraded?

Any help on this matter would be grateful

HPC

Griff
28th Jan 2010, 13:03
Book Flights, Hotels, Holidays, Car Rental with British Airways - BA.com (http://www.ba.com)
exec club log in
manage my booking
my booking
change date/time of my flight or
cancel/refund my flight as appropriate.

you should be able to change to another club class seat on another flight if there are any available.

if you have to move down to the cabin you paid for you are not using any miles to upgrade that sector so you should get them back unless you are within the minimum notice of change period in which case you won't.

hpcock
28th Jan 2010, 13:22
Griff

Many thanks for your help, but unfortunately the "Change my flight/cance or refund" option was showing as a not available/contact BA on tel .....

The flight was only booked last week for departure in the 1st week of April, so I doubt that I am within the minimum notice.

Any other suggestions.....anyone

dubh12000
28th Jan 2010, 13:34
Eh.....try ringing them?:}

Griff
28th Jan 2010, 16:21
You should be able to change the flight but may have to pay a fee.

As long as you make the changes more than 24 hours before the flight departure you should also get your BA miles back if you end up opting for the economy cabin.

See relevant BA Ts&Cs below.

14.1. Changes to bookings for Award travel on flights operated by British Airways or Airline Partners are permitted only in respect of date, time, class of service and (subject to Clause 14.2) route. Such changes may only be made by the Member or an individual nominated in accordance with Clause 3.13. If more than one Part Cash Part Miles price option is available for a British Airways flight, it is not possible to change the price option chosen by a Member after a booking has been made. All permitted changes are subject to capacity limitations and may not be made after the time 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first flight in the Award travel itinerary. A fee as specified on ba.com may be payable for each permitted change. For the avoidance of doubt, name changes are not permitted.

15. Cancellation of awards
15.1. A fee as specified online at ba.com will be charged if flight bookings for Award travel are cancelled by the Member prior to departure. Provided a cancellation is made more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first flight in the Award itinerary the Mileage charged for the Award will be re-credited to the Member's account.

15.2. If flight bookings for Award travel on British Airways or on flights operated by an Airline Partner are cancelled by the Member within 24 hours of departure, Mileage in respect of the Award will not be re-credited to the member. In the event you are prevented from travelling by an Event Beyond Your Control we will refund your Mileage provided you have an unused Award, have informed British Airways promptly, provided evidence of the event if requested to do so and paid the applicable fee specified on ba.com.