View Full Version : Icao.7192.d3

dispatchcc
27th Jan 2010, 09:39
hello all,

does anyone have mentioned doc of ıcao. pls help

no sig
27th Jan 2010, 10:06
dispatchcc

I haven't been able to find the complete document online, however Andreas Cordes has done us a favour by reproducing it in part in his excellent study on flight dispatcher/Ops Officer training. Follow this link to EUFALDA, see Job Profile and you'll find the bones of 7192 d3 in the annexes to the document.

I'd recommend Andreas' study as a read for all dispatchers/ops officers.

EUFALDA (http://www.eufalda.org/download.html)

Grasscarp
27th Jan 2010, 10:09
It can be purchased from ICAO
ICAO On-line Publications Purchasing Site (http://icaodsu.openface.ca/documentItemView.ch2?ID=7784)
I did this and they posted it to me.

merlinxx
27th Jan 2010, 13:02
Agree re Andreas' paper, since publication in 2007 under City University London heading, very, very little seems to have made it into the public domain:ugh: Yup, and me being an oldie, maybe EUFALDO hasn't the balls/muscle/authority to make it widely known. It is a well constructed, and articulated paper, and if only the regulators would take notice:ugh: In todays' financial climate, every air carrier will feel threatened by the knowledge this would give Flt Ops staff.

no sig
28th Jan 2010, 10:24
merlinxx

You're absolutely right. There an underlying fear in many corners that we're looking to introduce an FAR121 style flight dispatch in Europe, that is not the case and it can be argued that isn't necessary. But, without doubt the regulation by EASA and the NAA's of a training requirement for flight operations/flight dispatchers is needed. I just can't understand why this is such a contentious issue and how it is that those making the decisions don't understand.

merlinxx
28th Jan 2010, 11:53
One can only return to the very early 70s when it was tried to get the BGFOO off the ground outside of the UK state owned carriers:ugh: We tried:{

no sig
2nd Feb 2010, 13:41
merlinxx

Yes we did, I was there at the time as well and remember well our BGFOO efforts.