PDA

View Full Version : Fly school in Australia as foreigner

Eindhovens
26th Jan 2010, 17:32
hi,
I've got a question about the financial side of studying in Australia as a foreigner. I just can't find it on the internet. I'm now 20 and I want to do a flight school, I've been looking in my own country for schools but I just really want to live in Australia. I heard that there is 'relatively' a good change (compared to my country, The Netherlands) to get a job on a (major?) airline, altough I'm prepared for the worst ofcourse.

-People told me that it isn't possible to get a loan/scholarship in Australia because I'm a non-resident, which makes sense, so I have to get it in my own country, does somebody has experience with having a loan whilist being in another country?

-The student visa is a pretty good visa and I heard that it IS possible to get a permanent visa after the study, altough some people say it actually is NOT possible! So what's the real deal on that one (if I don't find an Australian girl)?

my last question is;

-Whats the salary indication for a major airline in Australia (say Qantas??), so I can compare it with my country and see if it's possible with the big ass loan I'm taking.

And yes, I'm aware of the fact that I can't fly in Europe with my CASA, thats why I want to live there and start a career.
Thanks guys, it would help me out big time
Eindhovens