PDA

View Full Version : Training in the US.

Punchoo
26th Jan 2010, 03:51
Hi

I am looking for a school in the US to do what I always wanted to do but could not due to various personal, financial and work related reasons. I have been working as an Information Technology engineer in Tokyo's financial district for the last 11 years. I have been working in the field since 1995. I am a permanent resident of Japan and a citizen of India.

What is my immediate Goal?

1. My immediate goal is to find a good school.
2. Want to get my CPL and necessary insturment and Multi ratings.
3. Get work as a CFI to build hours in the US.

What is my Flight Experience?
1. Done some 65-70 hours in a single engine warrior P28 from Melbourne, Australia.
2. This included necessary cross country flights, solo and all the exams before my PPL.
3. Did not get time to fly down under to write my PPL exam (both practical and theory)

Some short listed schools that I found?

1. Dean International (my cousin got his license from here and now is with Kingfisher Airlines in India)
2. My cousin recommended Aviator Flight Training Academy. (He wanted to join but was a bit late in knowing about them)
3. Phoenix East Aviation.
4. Embry Riddle (however, too expensive and need to do their MS programme)

Anyone, who can suggest any schools? What are your thoughts about the above schools (Except Embry, I know its good (word of mouth) but too expensive in both time and money)

Thanks
Punchoo

Rhino1
26th Jan 2010, 04:13
Sky Safety or Wright Flyers in San Antonio are decent schools.

Rhino

Check Airman
26th Jan 2010, 05:14
check your private messages

Punchoo
26th Jan 2010, 05:57
Thanks Rhino,

Was looking at their website. Could not find the cost details there...Will shoot an email to them soon.

ab33t
26th Jan 2010, 19:53
Phoenix East are ok , I have done training with them

Punchoo
27th Jan 2010, 03:25
Thanks ab33t

Punchoo
27th Jan 2010, 03:28
Anyone heard about Aviator Flight training academy. I wrote to them but got no response. Just wondering if they went under or something. Their website's still up and running.

They do all the training in a Multi (200 hrs). Anyone with any views?

Northbeach
27th Jan 2010, 04:41
I would recommend Big Bend Community College in Washington State (BBCC). This is a first rate accredited aviation program that has been graduating Commercial/Instrument/Flight Instructors pilots for 40+ years. BBCC has an established, mature flight-training program that is well respected. I graduated from this program years ago and still consider it the best education for the money spent that I have ever received. For reference I have trained at Simuflight, FlightSafety International, two Part 135 and two Part 121 airlines and I’m typed in the F-27, DC-9 and Boeing 737.

Over the years I have sent several people to Big Bend for training. I do not work for this program nor do I receive any remuneration for recommending them. If my children wanted to become pilots this is the flying school I would send them to with no hesitation whatsoever! Here is BBCC’s aviation website:

http://academics.bigbend.edu/programs/aviation/Pages/default.aspx (http://academics.bigbend.edu/programs/aviation/Pages/default.aspx)

This college offers a solid foundation of aeronautics together with a finely tuned flight-training syllabus. Additionally, they have historically offered Flight Instructing jobs to a select few of their own top graduates.