PDA

View Full Version : Netjets and the future

miss marple
24th Jan 2010, 15:25
I have heard that big changes have happened over the last 6 months at NJs and was amazed that NJ is no longer discussed here.

Are people still happy there?

MM x

On standby
24th Jan 2010, 15:54
Ecstatic!

It's still a good job but something better may turn up. If it does many will consider leaving.

protogenio
25th Jan 2010, 17:09
There are a lot of NJ aircraft parked up at Cambridge recently ?:bored:

hollingworthp
25th Jan 2010, 19:32
EGSC is a Cessna maintenance location and we no longer use LFPB which may explain that. I was there last week and besides the aircraft on the ramp which we took out, the only other NJE stuff was in the maintenance hangar.

learjet50
25th Jan 2010, 22:02
Re NJE

I never supported the NJE Theory But it worked

Then can the ecomomic dowtourn

They have had to cut back Just like everbody else does not make them bad.

My only consolation is I m out of it all now (With Great Sadness I Add)

But I have said before I ve Been there got the T Shirt.

I Feel sorry for all my freinds who I Know including NJE Pilots who are at the moment suffering but it will get better.

N B I GOT MY BUS PASS NOW

Best of luck to all

Gerry (Ex Northern Exec at Manchester)

notanastronaut
27th Jan 2010, 03:10
A long, long bumpy road ahead!
NAA

Sook
31st Jan 2010, 21:37
There are about 7 Citations of various sizes in one of the hangars on care and maintenance until next year.

Fossy
1st Feb 2010, 06:04
makes sense to park the aircraft close to a maintenance facility, because storage requires some maintenance work.

falconbis
1st Feb 2010, 17:21
the way its doing now with saving made on the back of the crew in all area, they will loose lots of experiences guys as soon as jobs pics up, every body fed up about it..not surprising that they are having customer service issue and i think its just the beginning.
:ouch:

Damianik
2nd Feb 2010, 09:43
Same old story again, one of the few variable cost in an aviation company is personell and catering, if they dont wanna save on catering guess what are they gonna save on?
ask the arabs if we can save on oil or gas?
ask the ATC if we can save on tax?
ask the manifacturer if we can save on maintenance?

strong legislation on the minimums dignitous conditions for such a job is amiss.
in every country.

D

BlueVolta
2nd Feb 2010, 12:32
And in NJE case, could you really "save" something?
Saving on catering... well the customer, sorry the owner is paying for it as an add one, so it's almost impossible.
Maintenance... not quite sure it is a good idea.
On crew... yeah, that's great, at least for now when people are stuck due to the market, but at next recovery, NJE will loose a lot of people. In the mean time if the crew don't have the incentives they will be less and less "proactive", customer service issue will rise and the situation will even get worse for the company.:{

But saving a taxi or airlining cheaper is so easy instead of rethinking the model and adjusting it.

JimJoness
2nd Feb 2010, 12:46
Well, if you have a look on the pilots flying for NJ. What do you think where they would go ?

French: Where to go ? AF ? Probably not, otherwise they would already be there...
Germans: LH ? Same as AF for the french, AirBerlin ? Rather not. VistaJet ? LOL !!
Spanish:..........

You can expand the list as far as you want. But the T&C at NetJets are still everything but bad !

Just my two cents :rolleyes:

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
2nd Feb 2010, 13:50
I mostly agree with you - I think if you take a step back and look at the t&c, you will find that they are still good.

Nevertheless, a good amount of people did leave the company last year, and I believe that not all of them retired, so they must have found greener pastures. Also, there is still a good amount of people who face an undetermined time in the RH seat. The pay for that position is not designed to keep you hanging on. Add to that all the people on job share. Therefore, we may see some people quit if there is no improvement. The big question is: How many?

shesaidcaptain
2nd Feb 2010, 15:48
I am afraid it's the same sh.te everywhere. Air France is going to restructure all the medium and short haul with its low cost Transavia. Air France pilots are overstaff, cadets recruitment is over and the ones who passed the selection will probably never join.

Anyway, you netjets guys, could you explain what is your current situation ?

-Hotels Are you still using 5 starr hotel in the city center or sh.te airports hotel?

-what could be the threat if the company decides to cut further costs? salary ? employment? pension?

cheers

falconbis
6th Feb 2010, 23:17
guys your are talking airlines jobs... there is lots of demand for qualified Cpt on large cabin aircraft out there...! but you need the right connection so if you are an airline guys who came to netjets yes you have not the right perception

northern boy
7th Feb 2010, 13:52
As a fully paid up Jobsharer I shall be very interested to see the reaction to those who will not have flown for 12 months struggling in the simulator on return to the company. I doubt that the allotted sim time will be unlimited. There may well be some savings to be made when some are told that they no longer make the grade, so sorry, off you go, have a nice life.

Has anyone else given this any thought or has everyone else managed to keep flying?

Interesting times ahead.

Kelly Hopper
7th Feb 2010, 14:54
there is lots of demand for qualified Cpt on large cabin aircraft out there...!

PLEASE tell me where because being in possesion of those precise qualifications I cannot find anything at all!

redsnail
7th Feb 2010, 15:02
northern boy,

Women returning from maternity leave are in the same position. If they've needed extra time, they have got it. :)

northern boy
7th Feb 2010, 15:46
Danke redsnail.

My parenting days are long over but I may dig out the old baby monitor and stick it in my flight bag, just to be on the safe side. ;)

redsnail
7th Feb 2010, 16:05
:ok:

I keep a dummy for the inevitable reaction after I have read emails from certain folks... :ugh:

Saddlesniffer
7th Feb 2010, 17:33
I would imagine there have been a lot fewer mums returning to work than there will be job-sharers getting back in the saddle. How many mums? Half a dozen or so (a pure guess, it can't be many)? Weigh that against a couple of hundred job sharers returning from a year off and in need of extra sim time and it will not come as a surprise if the extra sim time is not forthcoming.

Anyone want to buy an old copy of MS FlightSim?

northern boy
8th Feb 2010, 16:29
Saddlesniffer,

Got one but it's hardly the same as the real thing.

I can always try lying on the sim floor having a screaming fit. No wait., did that last time.

Redsnail, can I borrow your dummy?:hmm: