PDA

View Full Version : CHINA- Being Recruited for China & who to choose.

Brookfield Abused
24th Jan 2010, 14:15
Almost NO Airline in CN will recruit directly. This is a FACT!
I think there are income tax reasons behind this?
Almost every CN airline needs either CP's or FO's over the next 2-5 yrs.
The big reason why is most CN Pilots cannot pass an ICAO 4 test or the F/O's are not ready for the LHS.
Those FOs who are ready find themselves blocked because not enough FO's behind them to fill the gaps.
Mind you there are 100's of CN Cadets who have the ratings and many times that in training in Canada, the US and AUZ at this time.
Thus with the collapsing European, African, Middle East and Indian markets, these Agents are very focused on China as this is their NEW CASH COW.
Yes, China needs a lot of Pilots.
If the Agent can supply them they have a huge potential for a lot of money.
BUT all Agencies are only looking at what applicants will get them their $1000 fee every month. So whether you speak 5 languages, graduated from the Uni. of ??, have a TRE rating and 5000 PIC, etc. who cares!? Sure you have worked hard, have no criminal record, no incidents, accidents, etc. Are a perfect safe, hard working, CRM minded Pilot that CN needs.... but will you make them the $1000/mo.? If not, no chance for you.
Its all a risk factor game to these Agents and they just want to "place" who will get them the monthly cash flow. So forget anything else - like your big break may be coming. Those days are over here.
The contract will use ambiguous wording and I am confident every Agent once you have actually joined will skillfully find ways to avoid partial payments. The rule of thumb is - you may get 90% of what was promised.

So I doubt you will see on your bank account the last months salary, bonus, outstanding refunds, allowances even when the correct Notice Period was used by you the "Professional Pilot".

Here I suggest your Agent provides you with a Bank Letter of Credit which what you will receive what is owed to you!

That means when the last confirmed money transfer is in the bank, people will just walk out! What a shame.

The risk there is, you'll never find another job in CN as the CAAC will NOT allow your ATPL to be transferred IF that last airline did not RELEASE IT.