PDA

View Full Version : Logbook summary - help!

Woof etc
24th Jan 2010, 14:07
Need to summarise my logbook for renewal of my (lapsed) SA ATPL. They want a 6 month and a one year summary - is the format the same as the application form or do the CAA want additional info summarised?

Thanks!

booze
24th Jan 2010, 15:46
Hi,

As far as i know it's the same: just open a blank double-page and do it by making sure that the appropriate hours on appropriate classes fall into the appropriate columns. For example your multi-engine pilot time summary will fall into that column, co-pilot time into its' column and so on. Day and night separate, single engine separate, dual, etc. as well.

I'm doing it this way for the past couple of years and never had problems.

Any other suggestions, anyone?

Cheerz,

booze

Der absolute Hammer
24th Jan 2010, 16:24
That is what I did. Had not flown for two years but opened a last six month flying column and entered
'No flying to report'
across the facing page.
Then turned to another blank double page and summarised all flying to date in blocks. IE: I did not bother to specify types hust did it by a/c propulsion and weight bands.
Then I signed it all out using my Grade II powers which had lapsed but which still carried weight.

The idea was that if asked whether I had flown in the last six months, I would look archly at the inquisotor and say..'.nothing that I care to report and no flying that would affect the SA Air Nav Regs'.

Yeah, I always include theFS hours in the grand total but leave it either in the sim column or in the back, depends on what type of logbook.

Woof etc
24th Jan 2010, 16:26
The summary table on the license application form doesn't differentiate between single and multi time. The collumns are Total, PIC, PICUS, Co-pilot, Dual, FSTD. Is it Ok to summarise logbook in same format?

My present log book is a Hong Kong logbook which doesn't differentiate between single and multi hours either.

Also, on the application form hours summary table should the FSTD total hours be included in the total hours??

Thanks booze! Any input appreciated!

Woof etc
24th Jan 2010, 16:38
Hammer - I'm interested in how you managed to renew your licence with no flying indicated for 2 years.

Your lapsed grade 2 must carry a LOT of weight. (Or was it the 100 USD bill slipped in the logbook)

Der absolute Hammer
24th Jan 2010, 16:43
Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that I had to write the air law anyway and also pass an IR renewal.
I do not actually think it owuld be a good idea to try and bribe just anyone at CAA although there have been lapses along those lines in the past in the examination department-or so is it rumoured.

Woof etc
25th Jan 2010, 00:06
....joke....I once did something along those lines by mistake. Had to have my instrument rating signed off by a check captain - left my licence in his mailbox, not realising that I had left 150 USD in the back of the licence.

Got the licence back with a note asking what the 150 USD was for - embarrasing!