PDA

View Full Version : Changing FTO??

ezy-pilot
23rd Jan 2010, 15:48
My young cousin recently decided to follow me into this game :D,

He started at a FTO for his PPL, it started fine but things have deteriated,
I went for a nose with him and well :(.
(politics and aviation dont mix :rolleyes::mad:)
He's switching to the school that I went to and I was just wondering What is involved in changing FTO's?? (ie: 26HRS Dual 4 HRS Solo 3 exams done)

Thanks People

EZY :cool:

GearDownFlaps
23rd Jan 2010, 17:44
Tis true of politics and aviation but unfortunately the two are linked way too much to avoid the subject.
If he is moving from one to another it is no issue just ensure he gets his student records from his current fto and presents them to the new one , ensure they are all filled in correctly and signed by instructors and student and you should not go wrong.

student88
23rd Jan 2010, 17:48
Out of interest, what school is he switching to?

S88

ezy-pilot
23rd Jan 2010, 18:05
Put it this way, my current location is not my home town
I know what you mean about the politics, but where the poor guy is it has went ott.
I went in with him, introduced to FI and CFI, tried to chat to them, within 3 Mins they where at each others throats about the fact the tech log was wrong and the A/c was due a 50 hr check in 15 mins :rolleyes:. Then made a general query about his progress, some muttering from his FI, then realized that this is the FI he prefers! so if this is the best what is the worst like???????

The up and down of it is, I took him along to my old school and he was like :ooh:

Thanks (cause I never had to do it) just wanted to make sure no other paperwork was required!