PDA

View Full Version : 10years Today a Ppruner!

ZAZOO
22nd Jan 2010, 23:42
Yup 10yrs now since I became a ppruner, never will forget the day I stumbled on pprune website by chance 10yrs ago.

I was reading a front page article in a british tabloid about British Airways sacking two of its pilots after discovering they had indulged in heavy drinking bouts hours before flying. The sackings came after a Channel 4 Dispatches programme in which BA pilots were secretly filmed drinking heavily in the evening before flying in the morning. Apparently a former BA stewardess, filmed the drinking bouts after befriending the air crew.

But coming back to pprune, the journalist that wrote the article in the tabloid I was reading that morning had referred to a pilot website he called "pprune" which he logged unto for more info regarding this event.

So I logged on that night after sim in my hotel and was immediately hooked.

As a young rookie on the Jets with great aspirations in this our once noble profession this was the site to belong to, everthing I wanted to know or find out was right here and boy did I get a lot of great info out of pprune.

I also remember the first Bash at Gatwick and our pprune wings handed out to all those present,yes I was there and what great fun, also remember it took me all night to get home cos I had no cash to afford a room in the hotel lol.

Oh well I'm still here and wish all my fellow ppruners all the best.:D

747TDR
23rd Jan 2010, 00:19
Congrats ZAZOO!:D

Here's hoping I will be making a similar post 10 years from now!

Blue Skies!

747TDR

Special Limitation
24th Jan 2010, 17:10
Zazoo
You may not remember me but we spent quite a long time chatting at that bash. I,m tall white greyish, 6' 3" tall and was in my early 50,s at the time. If I remember correctly you had just finished some training in the States and was about to depart back to Nigeria. I wish you had told me you had no hotel as I could have helped you out. Good to see you are doing well.

The Maestro
24th Jan 2010, 20:51
Congratulations! It's heartwarming to see a faithful Ppruner. I've been a guest about four years now and finally decided to register. You are right; the site is addictive. Ten years! You should be a moderator by now.
Cheers.

B737NG
26th Jan 2010, 05:45
Congratulations Zazoo, I am glad to see some of us still the "old fashioned" way in this once nobled profession. Brothers in the Sky.

I wish you for the next ten years always blue skies and more then a inch Air under the Wings. I wish we could meet one day somewhere. I have some connections to Hannover too.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

DA-10mm
30th Jan 2010, 03:51
who cares?

NDB17
31st Jan 2010, 02:21
Obviously, you dont. We do.

Der absolute Hammer
31st Jan 2010, 08:05
Pity some, or maybe all, of those who enter aircraft today and who will never experience the elegance and the challenges of the past. They may be the lost souls of aviation. Those who play in the inter regnum between the golden age of the flying men and the awesome monotony of the computerised cockpit. They are the janitors of the digital dashboard, doomed to work forever at cleaning finger marks from glass screens.?