PDA

View Full Version : ASKY Airlines

ws737
22nd Jan 2010, 00:34
Just got the T & C for the Capt/FO positions there, 6 month contract. They want to pay 6000 for a Capt and 3500 for an FO...they might have a tough time with that payscale:confused:

captplaystation
22nd Jan 2010, 09:13
6000$ / 6000€ or another currency ?

Is that the rate being offered through Direct Personnel in Dublin, or direct with the company.
Apart from the money, a major problem they might have is that the contract is advertised as "non-commuting".
So, come to Lomo, shut up for 6mths, go home (if you are lucky :eek: )
Can't get excited about the Arik deal, but at least they acknowledge people want to go home, even if 2mths in Lagos to earn 1mth off sucks IMHO :rolleyes:

Labomba
25th Jan 2010, 22:57
If it is USD, that's what Air Afrique was paying 10 years ago... No good....if you want to live up to the Western standard...
Anyway, best of luck to that new airline!!

AlvinZane
25th Jan 2010, 23:33
Terms & Conditions
Capt Only
Base: $7,000
Accom: $1,250
PD: $TBC
Base
Lome, Togo
Length of Contract
12 months rolling
Roster Program Expected (TBC)
5 on 2 off
6-2 hoped to be planned once the operation is up and running.

ws737
26th Jan 2010, 00:55
AlvinZane

I got the terms from Direct Personnel..I just looked again, 6000 USD per month and 45 a day per diem, didn't do the math there, that would be 1350 on a 30 day month..where did you get the T & C's..?

JTrain
26th Jan 2010, 01:15
Per diem is NOT your salary. It is meant for living expenses and incidentals that crop up. When you count it in your salary, you do management a favor.

That being said, anybody who takes the contract will likely save a few dollars from their perdiem. HOWEVER the minute you start factoring it into you salary, thats the minute management will drop your salary to $4700 a month, with the drop being explained by $1300 perdiem.

I recently interviewed at a notorious lowball operator who had the nerve to present me a sheet with the payscales that reflected perdiem as a PART of the salary.

Something for you to consider - good luck with your choice. If you have B737NG time, there are far better jobs out there.

Mshamba
27th Jan 2010, 15:44
If you have B737NG time, there are far better jobs out there.
Where?

Cheers

JTrain
27th Jan 2010, 21:41
India, Dubai, China, Korea, and likely a few other places in the Middle East and Pacific Rim.

Mshamba
27th Jan 2010, 22:12
For CPT not bad, true, but as FO? I doubt you'll be lucky at those places... Anyway, regarding the above mentioned conditions, ASky is not the employer you want to fly for in the first place ;)

skygod
28th Jan 2010, 05:51
ASKY,
We tought that, they would pay better than this, since the are a subsidiary of Ethiopian, however if "[B]U PAY PEANUTS U GET MONKEYS TO [B]WORK FOR U" there much better jobs out there for NG Flyers with much better salaries and conditions.
Gud luck NG flyers......:ok:

barclay
13th Feb 2010, 13:55
Does anybody have any details concerning the assessment???
Thanks in advance....

Nemanja
21st Feb 2010, 17:10
Any news from Aksy about the employment?

737-NG
9th Dec 2013, 05:55
Does anyone have recent info on the hiring process at Asky? Any FO positions coming up? 737 as well as Q400

737-NG
9th Dec 2013, 06:18
And what about the payscale? How much ca a FO expect to make there as basic salary?

4runner
19th Dec 2013, 01:28
If you get the job, can you ask your thpanith colleagues to politely refrain from making long, pointless radio transmissions stating everything from shoe size, destination name and identifier, pilots age, mothers maiden name, etc? Other people would like to occasionally make required radio transmissions. I understand that some Thpanith love the sound of their own voice, it's just the rest of us don't....

D-OCHO
20th Dec 2013, 16:55
@4runner:

INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION -
RULES OF THE AIR 798
ICAO RULES OF THE AIR -- ANNEX 2
Position Reports
3.6.3.1 Unless exempted by the appropriate ATS authority or by the appropriate air traffic services unit under conditions specified by that authority, a controlled flight shall report to the appropriate air traffic services unit, as soon as possible, the time and level of passing each designated compulsory reporting point, together with any other required information.

The only place exempted right now according to NOTAM is the Nigeria FIR (LAGOS and KANO) execpt when requested. And still people give full position reports. What I conclude out of this people don't read there NOTAMS. See the ABV incident withe B747.