PDA

View Full Version : EAP by ACL

Skyfroggy
21st Jan 2010, 12:27
Any DUB pilots around ? Rumour has it that ACL is getting a new 737 with EAP (Europe Airpost) paintjob and they're hiring 737 Cpt and FOs for DUB. Anybody seen such aircraft on the DUB tarmac ?

captplaystation
21st Jan 2010, 12:53
See my post on the Froggy forum :)
This aircraft (if it exists) is the Trojan horse.
The nice (and undoubtedly in comparison to the Irish versions expensive ) French contracts look like they will soon be history, according to what is posted on ppjn.com, although, what was offered recently (7mths on 5mths claim unemployment benefit) wasn't exactly "L' Aeropostale" of before :=
Don't know what you can do about it if the company is 100% Irish owned, strike ? well they will just operate everything with aircraft / crew on an Irish AOC and anyone that doesn't want to change ? well "merci et au revoir je pense". This unfortunately, was the inevitable result of being bought by Air Contractors, did anyone really believe it would end any other way?

Believe me , you are not dealing with a country/race where unions have much impact (with apologies for that pun) except in long established circumstances like Aer Lingus.
If you look at their influence on Ryanair for example (unfortunately non existent) you will have a better idea of what your "benevolent" :ooh: new management have in mind for you.
Sad I know, but anyone have any idea how they are going to stop it happening. . . realistically ?

nightcall
1st Mar 2013, 12:17
Internal promotion only.

At the moment we are talking about 2 ATR crews going onto B737.

Many volunteers, trust me. :E

If you are rated and experienced on ATR, you are welcome to apply.

Mr Angry from Purley
2nd Mar 2013, 03:24
ACL have just taken delivery of a 3rd 737F to fly for DHL, i think replacing a EAP 737. Reasons why, non of my business :\