PDA

View Full Version : Baltia Airlines

Caboclo
21st Jan 2010, 04:26
baltia.com (http://www.pprune.org/baltia.com) Do you think this is for real? I can't find Barry Michaels' name on the website anywhere, but I'm still getting flashbacks from Family Airlines.

ab33t
21st Jan 2010, 12:11
Well to go by the web site it sure looks like they have done a bit of effort. Wait and see

2J&D
21st Jan 2010, 12:55
If my mind is not playing tricks on me, I seem to remember reading in the latest editon of Airliners Mag, that they have recieved there first 744....

ImPlaneCrazy
21st Jan 2010, 12:59
We may have other surprises in store for you as well. For example, as part of Baltia’s “Flying Celebrity Program”, you could be entertained by a special guest who will perform live on board. It’s all part of our commitment to help make flying with us as enjoyable and memorable as possible.

Interesting to say the least!

Caboclo
21st Jan 2010, 14:15
They are advertising for 742 crew on climbto350.com. Couldn't afford a 744, I guess.

learjet50
21st Jan 2010, 22:26
Hi

What a load of Rubbish who in there right mind would start with B742
Equipment and offer what they are.

Would Jack Marooche and his string Band be the in flight entertainment

Also Web site mentions Stewards NOT Stewerdess (SEXUAL EQUALITY MAY KICK IN THERE)

A/C Choice Stupid

Routes Stupid

Where do these people spring from (Lunatic assylums) who think in this day and age they can make Airlines Pay.

Sorry but why have a web site with no fares no schedules and start date

It totally amazes me where these ideas come from

Good Night All

GlueBall
22nd Jan 2010, 13:28
"What a load of Rubbish who in there right mind would start with B742"

Could be people who are short of cash, as there is about $4000 per hour difference in leasing costs between a classic and a -400. Or about $50mil difference in acquisition costs between a classic and a second hand -400. :ooh:

carholme
26th Jan 2010, 15:59
Copied from AviTrader this week:

» Baltia Air Lines signs engine leasing agreement

Baltia Air Lines has signed an engine lease agreement with Logistic Air. Baltia's executive vice president Mr. Russell Thal stated, "The power-by-the-hour engine lease agreement is the most economical way for a start-up carrier to operate its aircraft and reduces its expenditures and risks. The agreement with Logistic Air includes support."

This sounds like a marriage made in heaven!

paarmo
26th Jan 2010, 22:40
Excelsis Airways - Durham Tees Valley Airport, London City Airport (http://www.excelsisairways.com/) No relation to this company are they? Please search pprune for the thread.