PDA

View Full Version : Air France might refuse obese passengers.

G-CPTN
20th Jan 2010, 20:46
BBC News - Air France may bar obese passengers from flights (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8471451.stm)

sTeamTraen
20th Jan 2010, 21:59
This might not be entirely unrelated to a case a couple of years back where a very large AF passenger was refused access to a Paris-Tokyo (I think) flight unless he paid for the second seat (which was needed to accommodate his substantial derrière).

He was French, but as with so many things in the modern world, I suspect that the Americans will be at the forefront of making the rules on this, for reasons which it would probably be considered rude to make explicit here. (That said, the UK is coming up fast on the outside on that particular issue.)

PAXboy
21st Jan 2010, 00:36
Since another thread informs that KLM will allow the purchase of a second seat by large pax - the group have it sorted.

You are thin and pretty, M'selle, please purchase on Air France.
You are fat,Madam, go next door and book with KLM.

Two-Tone-Blue
21st Jan 2010, 10:44
You are thin and pretty, M'selle, please purchase on Air France.
You are fat,Madam, go next door and book with KLM.
You are American, please contact FedEx ;)

Alanwsg
21st Jan 2010, 10:52
The Daily Mash - FRANCE REDEEMS ITSELF WITH AIRPLANE FATSO PLAN (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2398&Itemid=89)

G-CPTN
21st Jan 2010, 10:53
obese people buying two seats for more comfort would be fully reimbursed for the second if the plane was not full.
This new rule comes into effect from 1 February.
At present Air France offers heavier passengers 25% off the price of buying an adjacent seat, a policy that has been in effect since 2005.
(From the original (quoted) news item.)

manintheback
21st Jan 2010, 12:53
Sounds like a sensible approach to me although the idea of being able to fit in a seat doesnt cut it, many a large person can jam in between the arms but hugely overflow the boundaries of the seat itself. Come to think of it I did on that horrible charter I took recently and I'm under 13stone and just under 6ft.

smudgethecat
22nd Jan 2010, 14:03
Quite right too, i had a horrific flight back from Chicago recently, i was jammed between two huge yank lardarses with what must of been a combined bulk of fifty stone, to make matters worse one of the monsters( i think it was wilmer) went into a triple double decker cheeseburger and a bucket of fries induced coma after about two hours of stuffing his face and didnt stop snoring at around 200 decibels for the rest of the flight

radeng
22nd Jan 2010, 14:31
One presumes this only applies in economy.......