PDA

View Full Version : Macy's Ercoupe ads.

Fourfingerdiscount
20th Jan 2010, 16:14
I've been doing a bit of research on the Ercoupe, on behalf of the Virginia Aviation Museum. In the course of my studies I have learned that one could purchase a brand new Ercoupe from the Macy's mens deptartment catalogue. After searching a myriad of websites I still cannot find a Macy's ad or even an excerpt from their catalogue that features the Ercoupe.

The Virginia Aviation Museum is poised to add an Ercoupe to their collection and I would like to find a few Macy's ads to compliment the exhibit. Can anyone bring anything to bear on my problem? Any help, or even advice, given would be greatly appreciated.

windriver
20th Jan 2010, 16:51
I was involved in the sourcing of aviation related material for Selfridges 100th anniversary exhibition. (Pre WW2 Selfridges used to have a very active aviation department in their UK department stores)

Selfridges were prolific advertisers so it wasn`t difficult to source ads - but the company archives were a great source of information and leads.

If you haven`t already done so may I suggest you contact Macy's and ask to speak to their archivist - they may just have copies of the originals and photos of the aircraft on display.

Good luck.

Fourfingerdiscount
21st Jan 2010, 17:34
Yes, I have already contacted Macy's about this, and they not have a clue as to what I am looking for. Perhaps if I try Macy's archives Dept again I stand a chance of talking with someone else that does know where I can get one of these elusive ads. Thank you.

Icare9
22nd Jan 2010, 09:25
Is the correct response "Macy Ercoupe, M'sieur"??
Coat, hat exit......

seacue
24th Jan 2010, 00:42
4Finger,

Check you PM.

seacue