PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man (M) registration

sander82
20th Jan 2010, 10:42
We are currently looking for registering the plane in the Isle of Man, does anyone have a first hand experience in this matter?

Being exempted from tax on fuel (also for private operators) would be one of the reasons to change.

Below a link with information I have found so far:
Aircraft Registry - Isle of Man Government DTI (http://www.gov.im/dti/Aircraft/)

themoonsaballoon
20th Jan 2010, 12:27
Registry is helpful and efficient, Tax structures are complex but good advice is available,
PM me for details,
TMAB

Lear_doctor
20th Jan 2010, 12:58
First class in my experience. Had no problems with them at all

regards

The Doc

cambioso
20th Jan 2010, 14:58
They are so good that I want them to have my babies!! (2+ years of trouble free operation with them after 20 years of endless battling with the Campaign Against Aviation)
Seriously though, why any private (non AOC) Jet is still on the "G" completely amazes me!!
Jez

FloaterNorthWest
20th Jan 2010, 16:06
2 years and with 5 aircraft on the register I wouldn't have it any other way now.

Fast, efficient service with a voice at the end of a phone ready to answer any questions. Most things can be done in a day and agreed by email with hard copies following next day by courier.

I registered an aircraft and transferred the old registration to a new aircraft in a day and at minimum cost, in fact it cost more to paint the registration on the old aircraft that all of the Iom fees!

I agree with cambioso................for a change! :} Although he does do a mean Sunday lunch!

protogenio
20th Jan 2010, 21:01
Could'nt agree more,I think more juridsictions should try it.........:ok:

clivewatson
20th Jan 2010, 21:52
I second, third and forth all of the above positive opinions. It is a refreshing change to deal with people who actually understand the concept of customer service.

EMB170
22nd Jan 2010, 06:42
is there any truth in that they will have to impliment flight time limitations ?
thanks

Gulfstreamaviator
22nd Jan 2010, 10:35
However I have no idea how to implement it.
I am currently on Bermudan.
Almost every flight exceeds the legal limits....
Thats why owners own own aircraft...(sounds bad but correct statement).
I could mke a fortune if I was responsable for enforcing the FTL.
We have just bean audited, and 100% perfect...what a load of bollows.
glf