PDA

View Full Version : LHR T1 Advice

TightSlot
19th Jan 2010, 09:33
Need some help please...

My airline doesn't have an Arrivals Lounge at T1. Some customers ask about showers and clean up facilities in the terminal, and I end up having to send them to the public showers and restrooms in T1 - I'm not entirely happy doing this!

Any tips on best LHR places to grab a shower and freshen up, even if in other terminals? I'd also be interested to hear about your suggestions for Hotel day-rooms for those that have 6-9 hours of transit? Any favourite places to eat? Finally, are there any nooks and crannies in the terminal where you can find a quiet corner for a kip?

Thanks in anticipation.

PAXboy
19th Jan 2010, 11:31
As I live very close by to LHR, I don't usually bother with arrivals lounges but there used to be a lounge in the Queens Building, between T1 and T2 but the maps on the BAA website do not cover that building! I used to access it with my Priority Pass for departures. Likewise, I don't need to snooze there so can't help on that one.

There is a Servisair paid-for lounge in T1 that is bookable through this link. I know the link says 'parking' that's just because the BAA pages give you links to book lounges (which work) but they say parking more than they say lounge. Just consider it a way to park your ...
B A A airports official parking: B A A Advance (http://secure.baa.com/baa/baabook.asp?p=l&src=WLHR97)

fonejacker
19th Jan 2010, 11:57
something tells me that the Queens Building facilites might be a bit off limits these days....

raffele
19th Jan 2010, 13:46
something tells me that the Queens Building facilites might be a bit off limits these days....
Hahaha yeah... :D

PAXboy
19th Jan 2010, 16:34
Off limits? Where's your sense of adventure? I'm sure the workmen have a shower and will put the kettle on for you. Shouldn't cost too much (cash only). :p

Final 3 Greens
19th Jan 2010, 16:53
Any tips on best LHR places to grab a shower and freshen up, even if in other terminals? I'd also be interested to hear about your suggestions for Hotel day-rooms for those that have 6-9 hours of transit? Any favourite places to eat? Finally, are there any nooks and crannies in the terminal where you can find a quiet corner for a kip?

Day rooms - Yotel, landside, T4, YOTEL Overview (http://www.yotel.com), they sell by the 4 hour block

strake
19th Jan 2010, 17:01
Tightslot,

Paxboy said:

...I live very close by to LHR...

Problem solved...:p