PDA

View Full Version : Calling all RAAF 166 Pilots Course participants!

Booger
18th Jan 2010, 10:27
RAAF 166 Pilots Course 15 YEAR REUNION

The once youthful, attractive and hilariously witty members of this RAAF fraternity are having their first (and let's be honest, probably the last!) reunion. As there is less than 10 weeks to go to the planned weekend, this is a last ditch effort to get in contact with the few guys who have "fallen off the grid" and inform you of all relevent details.

Please send an email with your contact info to (nameofthewondercat)@hotmail.com and we will send you all details.

Alternatively, you can pm me on PPrune.

Come one come all, let's relive the glory days of sniffing cocaine off Russian hookers' backs, Mirv's nervous quiz farts and the running over of small, defenceless felines!!!

:ok::ok:

P.S. Mods, if there's any chance this could be placed as a "sticky" for 2-3 weeks it would be most appreciated!

donpizmeov
18th Jan 2010, 12:16
This is of course a post female course and flown on a propellor driven thing all the way through, so not a real pilots course right? (Well lets face it, that college boy Merv passed!!).

Congrats fellas, may you have many many more reunions. And may Merv's taste in shirts improve.

The Don

dodgybrothers
18th Jan 2010, 12:35
mods any chance this thing can be sent to the GA section where it belongs????

Double Asymmetric
18th Jan 2010, 18:06
Lighten up, Francis.

Let it be a sticky in the most appropriate forum (ie this one)....to capture the appropriate guys. Most will be airline drivers now, not "students, instructors or charter guys". Sheeesh!

On a lighter note, I will look forward to making the bash, especially if we can convince Booger to once again summon the alcohol-fuelled courage to award the "Cluster Cup" to an FCI in front of his entire SQN, and all 2FTS & 79SQN staff and studs, for leading a four ship through the reciprocal initial. THAT was a great moment - I can still see the steam coming out of his reddening ears and the tears of laughter from his SQN-mates.

Don, I like to think that we did the all thru PC-9 course 'coz we were so good that our first solos should be in a 1000 hp ejection seated 320kt bugsmasher! Not like you amateurs in ya Parrots! - Pistons are for boats, my friend.

rodney rude
18th Jan 2010, 22:15
Aaaah Booger, The Italian Pilot of Love.

Donpizmeov - why weren't you at the Bou farewell getting smashed with the lads? (Brades, Ralphy, Scrump, Tommy, Jaysarn, Fishy, Bocker, Cammy, Kane, Glenn, Webby, and all the 38sqn boys, etc etc etc) Pathetic effort my friend.

Dodgy brothers - you are a twit. A totally unnecessary post.

Double Assy - 320kt???? I think if I remember correctly that 320 was the stall speed in the Macchi

Booger
18th Jan 2010, 22:33
Er, Mods, WHY has this been moved to the "students, instructors and charter guys" forum?? :confused:

My target audience is simply not going to be there - Just because one plonker makes a idiotic suggestion doesn't mean it's warranted. As DoubleAsymmetric pointed out, the guys I'm looking for are hardly going to be "students, instructors and charter guys". Sheesh :ugh:

Can you PLEASE return this to DG&P Reporting Points?

Thank you.

gliderboy
18th Jan 2010, 23:45
Double Assy.... as an ex instructor who taught your pilots course, I am afraid I will have to ask you to REMAIN STANDING....the PC9 is 1100HP derated to 950!!

Lastly, Booger you may want to add this to the Fragrant Harbour forum where some of your coursemates have been seen of late!

Gliderboy

Booger
19th Jan 2010, 00:50
RodneyRude - are you a certain ex-34 Sqn compatriot?! :ok:

Gliderboy - thanks for the tip but the Fragrant Harbour scene is taken care of... there's only me and one other 166er up here and he lives 5 mins down the road from me!! btw, can you give us a hint which instructor you were: "house of SIAM" resident maybe?! :}

Mods - still waiting!

gliderboy
19th Jan 2010, 02:48
Booger..... Gee you're good!!

Gliderboy ;)

allthecoolnamesarego
19th Jan 2010, 03:53
GLIDERBOY Double Assy.... as an ex instructor who taught your pilots course, I am afraid I will have to ask you to REMAIN STANDING....the PC9 is 1100HP derated to 950!!

There is a slight murmur from the students assembled, the instructors down the back look at the quizo, and a few cough and shuffle.

The CFI stands and addresses gliderboy. "Would you like to try that again?"

"Sir?"

"Yes Gliderboy, the PT6A is infact 1150 SHP, derated to 950 SHP at Max and 900SHP at MCP" Remain standing!:}:)

ruprecht
19th Jan 2010, 04:11
I heard a rumour that studs don't "remain standing" during quiz anymore.

dostum
19th Jan 2010, 04:34
I can confirm there is no longer a requirement to stand if you answer incorrectly. We have gone truly soft! The order came from higher up to stop people from standing, but there are moves afoot to change this.

I was not on 166, but I do remember a lot of those faces, and I do remember attending some of those notorious parties at the house of SIAM in '94.

gliderboy
19th Jan 2010, 05:20
Mate you are more correct BUT it seems you will have to stand as well..

if you are going to be pedantic......:8

1 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-62 turboprop, 857 kW (1,149 hp)flat-rated at 708 kW (950 shp)

It's missing 1 HP somewhere!

Gliderboy

donpizmeov
19th Jan 2010, 07:26
And the PC9 sounds like a sexually confused sparrow!!!! An embarrassment to all who had to walk past one. Rumour has it that it was only purchased to give the college boys a chance at passing the course.:E

Rodney it seems I missed out on a great time in Townsville. Have seen one or two of the fishes pics. Was anyone sober there at any time? Mate those were the days!!!!!

Double As, didn't know you had gliderboy as one of your instructors. You guys must have been good to get through!!!! (Gliderboy this is said only in jest!!!!! Honest!!!!:E)
Now if ya talking shp, don't waste ya time on these piddling little buzz boxes.....ya need 4600Shp times 4 (engines have to be the right way up mind) and 405kt Vne if props are to drag you through the air.

Can see many sore heads after this reunion.

The Don.

allthecoolnamesarego
19th Jan 2010, 09:51
..ya need 4600Shp times 4 (engines have to be the right way up mind) and 405kt Vne if props are to drag you through the air.

Don, you needed those to drag YOU through the air:} (too cheeky??:p)

Gliderboy, I think I dropped that 1HP in a badly executed stall turn once, but I remain standing none the less!

Double Asymmetric
20th Jan 2010, 23:17
I like to think my collection of bowling and hawaiian shirts are like fine wine and Don's warries....they just get better with age. And yes, Gliderboy was an instructor of mine (the first actually)...I learnt so much from him!!! How to fly, how to burst into a students room sh!tfaced at 3am with a fire hose and destroy their bass guitar and amp, and how to fly a perfectly executed vertical maneouvre during a display that looks like a vertical roll, but is in fact a complex manoeuvre prescribing a helix of increasing diameter on the way up! Also learnt that if you are still drunk on a saturday morning, don't put on a Dr Suess hat and start busking in the mall in case your students turn up to take the pi55. Good times!!! But I digress....

Don't understand the mods unwillingness to let this lie in the airline section, rather than in GA (wtf?!). Maybe he got the chop at OTS. (TIC! LOL! ROFLMAO! TIC! TIC!)

Howard Hughes
20th Jan 2010, 23:31
Quite right though, nothing to do with GA, or airlines for that matter, off to the military forum with you I say!;)

You come in here messing up the place with your cheap shirts and booze...:E

Tidbinbilla
20th Jan 2010, 23:58
Good idea, HH :ok:

Tally-Ho, chaps! :)