PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Pilots vote for cuts?

wpJones
18th Jan 2010, 08:51
Did Aer Lingus Pilots really vote for €30m cuts??

I seen in the article that 76 are going to be made redundant? What airline is in a position now to take these 76 on board?

Lord Lardy
18th Jan 2010, 08:55
I seen in the article that 76 are going to be made redundant?

76 are going to apply for voluntary redundancy. Based on what the company is offering individuals to leave the numbers that have already applied are in excess of this but I believe the maximum number being allowed to leave will be 76.

wpJones
18th Jan 2010, 09:46
But surely, in the long term it would be better if they had a job.. What airline is going to take the slack of 76 more unemployed pilots.

Things are tough as it is tryin to get a job..

And will they just stop with Pilots. Surely crew staff and on theg round staff are going to be effected also

dubh12000
18th Jan 2010, 10:07
WPJ, the overall plan is to cut over 600 from the airline.

I don't see your logic in this statement But surely, in the long term it would be better if they had a job EI are on the verge of collapse!?!

Avenger
18th Jan 2010, 11:33
Your'e right, it's on the verge and the general thoughts must be take the money and run! Not bad redundancy package for senior people and there are jobs a plenty in far east if you want to retire over there on a part time roster. There is no point in strike action all the way to the dole queue and then minimum redundancy payouts. As for other airlines taking up the slack.. there are NO jobs in Europe, only option is India or Asia.