PDA

View Full Version : Tristar damaged by passing C17

Brize Mover
17th Jan 2010, 19:53
Hello you mighty aircrew types. I am currently on shift at Brize and have just seen the damage caused by a C17 as it hit a Tristar waiting to go flying at Brize within the last hour. I guess the C17 Captain has some explaining to do as it has caused quite a bit of damage. Oh how we movers laughed at the ineptitude of you aircrew types.

Pictures to follow hopefully.:)

3engnever
17th Jan 2010, 20:01
Unbelievable. If we had a new thread up here every time a mover decided to park a vehicle into the side of one of the aircraft there would be no room for anything else! :=

Hopefully not too expensive though as we can't afford too much at the moment!!

minigundiplomat
17th Jan 2010, 20:08
Brize Mover,

a disgusting post. Whatever the infantile rivalry you may have with the aircrew at Brize, the damage caused may well delay those returning home from theatre, and costs the taxpayer (ie you and me) money that could be better spent on other things.

Everyone, aircrew and groundcrew, makes mistakes. I don't see how this could be cause for humour, or gloating.

Wycombe
17th Jan 2010, 20:11
Brize Mover,

Whilst I can well imagine the discussion this is causing with the Station boundaries, I'm not sure it was such a great idea to post this so quickly on a public forum.

Can't imagine the heirarchy will be too impressed :=

JFZ90
17th Jan 2010, 20:14
Is the C17 damaged?

NutLoose
17th Jan 2010, 20:15
I would tend to agree with what is said above, We are not all Aircrew by the way, and if you bothered to read the heading it is not simply an Aircrew forum, however I would rethink your post as said some might see it at Station level in a different light and you have sort of narrowed your identity down to the current shift or off going shift etc, you do have the facility to remove the thread if you desire..

Remember it is just another "Aircrew balls up" to you, but somewhere someone down the line in a sunny place, mabye requiring a Medivac, it is something more far more serious.

FJJP
17th Jan 2010, 20:16
We are all in the same team. This sort of post leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I suggest that Brize Mover leaves this team and gets job in civi street where his bile could be put to good use against the feral yoof he will undoubtedly be associated with.

I hope the mods kill this thread - we don't need slanging matches at a time when we pull together with our colleagues in brown and dark blue and Allied Forces.

isaneng
17th Jan 2010, 20:24
Anybody know if it's true? Or, by the language and tone, yet another troll?

standrews
17th Jan 2010, 20:49
'Brize Mover' posts like that do nothing for the reputation of our trade and make you look ignorant mate. Some times we're are own worst enemy. I'm sure you just did'nt appreciate the impression you'd create or the implications of your post. Just hope the air bridge is'nt effected too much and WE can cope with the damaged aircraft. Thankfully it looks like no ones been injured.

WE992
17th Jan 2010, 21:14
I find the post by Brize Mover to be of particulary poor taste, however it does not surprise me as there are a considerable number of posts on this forum having a dig at movers so it is only to be expected that a mover is going to grind the axe given the oportunity.

Talking of C-17's hitting things, it reminds me when I was stood at NAF El Centro serveral years ago when the only aircraft on the entire ASP was an A6 Intruder and the RAF C-17 struck the A6 tail with its port wing as it taxied past.

The C-17 had to go to Kelly for repair.

Mr C Hinecap
17th Jan 2010, 21:16
A bone post and no doubt. However, the 'holier than thou' crowd currently galloping around on their high horses make it worth a read. Given the grief the Movers get (yes, on here too) it isn't surprising that some (badly-placed) gloating happens.