PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Nigeria is hiring!

abhi88
17th Jan 2010, 10:04
Check here! Virgin Nigeria - VNA Careers (http://www.virginnigeria.com/en/ng/careers.html)

Just wondering, will they hire pilots with 500 hours TT and no type rating as FO's?:} I dont mind moving to nigeria or exposing myself to a full body scanner everytime I go to fly or arriving at the airport 5 hours before the flight!!!

ab33t
17th Jan 2010, 11:13
The hiring criteria is quite high at the moment due to the supply

The Maestro
17th Jan 2010, 18:29
Right now they won't hire without a type rating. But if you have a Boeing 733 EFIS type, run don't walk, to the Chief Pilot's office. If your creds look good you most probably will be hired.

NaijaNinja
17th Jan 2010, 20:39
abhi88,

You coming to Naija will be out of desperation and of course, you won't mind exposing yourself but save yourself that threat to your dignity and stay in your Cardboard box!!!

Nigeria don't need people like you who already have a twisted image of it in their head.

Stay in the box sir!

18left
18th Jan 2010, 03:51
abhi88

You will have to run a psychometric test,to join VK,resulting in the following options

A.no serious concern
B.some concern
C.some serious concern
D.recommended for psychological evaluation

With that attitude guess which group you will fall under?

Nightfire
18th Jan 2010, 09:06
Huahaha - Yeah, I guess there'd be some serious concern about anybody's mental state who moves to Nigeria.

Well, seriously, if you need to build up some hours, then of course you don't have much choice and have to accept anything.
In Lagos, you'll just spend your entire off-time basically locked up in a hotel. If you do want to go out (but why would you anyway), you have to pay one of the local bandits to protect you as you go.
Life in Lagos is wasted, but as I said, fly some hours and hang on until the situation improves again on the job market, then go back to a normal place.

atedo
18th Jan 2010, 10:18
(In Lagos, you'll just spend your entire off-time basically locked up in a hotel. If you do want to go out (but why would you anyway), you have to pay one of the local bandits to protect you as you go.)The quote above is very wrong, you do not need a bandit to protect you in LOS. Many expats are in clubs and joints daily and no known case of molestation nor threat recorded in the recent times.Please stop painting LOS bad in this way; we know the country have issues with bad rulership.

BALEWA
18th Jan 2010, 12:08
Please please please I beg, if the Chief Pilot of VK is reading this please do not respond to any application from these racist friend of Africa types.

We have enough guys around West Africa with B737 type or heavy jet experience, check out Arik, loads of our Ecowas and African colleagues and all doing a great job.

Stay in your country get a job in KFC or Jack in the Box and if its that bad then sign up and go to war like the rest of ur brave country men.

parisjet
18th Jan 2010, 12:51
Are they willing to take you if you commit to covering the cost of either the EMB or B737 Type rating. I heard there had been a recent mass exodus of Pilots, a few went to Aero and a few I think to Chanchangi, and Arik. Something to do with failing to pay crew salaries, and in some cases failure to facilitate recurrency training. Have things improved there in such a short space of time???

BALEWA
18th Jan 2010, 13:00
Well u seem to know the current situation, so stay in europe, will call you when things have improved down here.

Thanks for posting. lol

addisonflyer
18th Jan 2010, 13:12
I am a Nigerian, Just completed my training in the US and have about 220 hours what can i do to get a job?? I need help please anyone everyone!!!!!!!!

BALEWA
18th Jan 2010, 17:35
What are you still doing in Texas, get back as soon as u can, convert your License and get yourself flying commercial.

Everybody is recruiting right now in Lagos so as fresh as u are, u need to keep it going.

Balewa

aamandani
18th Jan 2010, 18:18
hey all..

the application form has some problems with the date format. when you fill the date in this form dd/mm/yy or dd/mm/yyyy it changes the format itself and turns around the month and the day or the year from one place to another..i have tried by all means to understand their date format in the application form but i cant..can anyone help me with this..will they take non type rated with 500tt..what if you are willing to pay for the rating or atleast 50% are there any chances..any info will be much appreciated..thanks..

happy landings..

NDB17
18th Jan 2010, 18:31
aamandani,

If you are willing to pay for type, go ahead and do it. You will most likely get the job. I believe at the moment they will not type because of the exodus mentioned earlier.
For the rest of the guys, you cannot change people's perceptions or opinions. If they feel Lagos is not for them, fine. You cannot resort to childish arguments about living conditions in lagos.
Lagos as we all know is not for the fainthearted, you either take it or leave it.
Trust me many have decided to stay away, that is why there are still job openings there. For those who can hack it, all the best.

Fly safe.

parisjet
18th Jan 2010, 19:32
BALEWA, As far as I was aware matey, this site was devised for all involved in aviation to voice their opinions, and that's what I'm doing here. It's information that everyone wants from a very good site like this, so if I have some good or bad info I'll share it, thereafter you can make up your own decisions. All I stated were facts I heard from several Pilot friends who just left the company for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I wasn't putting the company down, I'm actually hoping they pull out of their chaotic situation. What may actually save them, is if they concentrate on making their fleet all EMB, which will reduce their attrition rate to other carriers as they are the only operators of the type. With the B737-300, Pilots will always be tempted to jump ship wherever the offer is better elsewhere, thus causing a vaccum as it is at the moment. VN will I think target low houred chaps with hardly any flight time, then get them to finance the type rating with perhaps a bond, guaranteeing at least 2 years usage out of their Pilots. Experienced guys with TR's may be currently out of a job, but once a better offer comes about, they'll hope. The answer is to invest in Nigerian citizens, which I agree takes time, but in the long run will save these carriers which are improving continually but face bigger challenges.

addisonflyer
18th Jan 2010, 20:37
Would it be a good idea to get 737 type rating or would it be paid for in 9ja? and with the conversion what do i need to do or how do i go about it. I just want to sort things out before i leave.
Thank you for the reply!:ok:

NDB17
19th Jan 2010, 00:02
Since you're in the DFW area contact Higher Power Aviation or Panam or Aeroservices in miami. Since you dont have ATP mins, you will do the restricted 73 type, that way you get it on your FAA license.
When you get to nigeria all you do is airlaw and get the type endorsed to your nigerian license. It makes life soooo much easier.

Safe Flight

aamandani
19th Jan 2010, 06:07
thanks for your input..very much appreciated..can you help me anyway with the date format on the application...secondly as you mentioned if i do pay for my rating the chances are they will take me..is there any email or contact info that you might have so i can contact them to let them know i will be willing to pay for the rating..i just have an email for submitting the application..if i could gt the CPs email it would be better..i need a way of informing them that i am ready to pay for the rating..thanks once again..

happy landings..

BALEWA
19th Jan 2010, 10:01
Like my old buddie has said get in touch with higher power or aeroservice, I hear aeroservice got a deal going on for the B737 type. You might need to get the SIC (second in-command) rating like NDB mentioned, so make sure you check that out very well before u move in for the course, NDB should be able to sort u out with details.

Conversion is no big deal, you just come back with all your papers from the FAA and the NCAA will take it from there. Some delays for your exam results and all that but no big deal, it all comes together at the end of the day.

Goodluck and don't delay.

Balewa

parisjet
19th Jan 2010, 12:43
Aamandani, before commencing with the TR, please contact the CP or head of ops to findout what exactly they want you to have cover on the TR course, with that info Pan Am or Aeroservice can structure the course to what VN want. If you have time, you should pop over to Nigeria and see them in person, and if you can get some sort of written agreement stating you'll have a job guaranteed on completing your TR. This industry and requirements change so quickly.They may turn round and say we have met our quota for B737 - 300 crews, we only need EMB crew for now. I've been unlucky in that respect and I'd hate to see you go through the same dilema having spent a lot of money. These are just scenarios to lookout for. There is a lot of advice on this site, but the best advice would come from the Airline itself. Not to put you off, have a look at the number of views on this "Virgin is Hiring" post. A lot will of the viewers will already have a B737 -300 rating with time on type, or an EMB TR. Quite a few I know will be from FlyGlobespan which went bust recently, and are now available for work. If you use the rule of thumb for Pilot to aircraft ratio used by most airlines, this equals roughly 7 Cpt to 7 FOs per jet. Anyway I think you stand a very good chance being Nigerian, so give it ago but not without doing your research.

addisonflyer
19th Jan 2010, 13:32
I would like to know if the ATP written would reduce the number of exams one would take to convert FAA to NCAA license. Any would be great! Areoservice have the best deal (SIC) 737 type right now.. Just under $5k . I just got off the phone with them.

aamandani
19th Jan 2010, 17:56
thanks for your good advice..i will certainly keep that in mind..infact i was nt planning to do the TR without any agreement with them..that is why i am trying to get any contact info for the head of ops or the CP..also i am not a nigerian you have probably mistaken me with the guy who is in texas..i am a tanzanian..i have submitted my application to the email they have posted on the website..i am waiting to see if they will respond and in the mean time find a way to get CPs email or contact..thanks again..

happy landings..

NDB17
19th Jan 2010, 20:03
aamandani,
Check your PM, got the contact there for you.

Addisonflyer,
Do not, i repeat, do not do the SIC type, it will be useless unless you get it on your FAA license, which requires 1 takeoff and landing in the actual aircraft.
What you need is the PIC type with the restriction. Contact Higher Power and ask for Gail she is familiar with what im talking about.
Dont waste your time doing any ATP written, has no significance in Nigeria.

Fly Safe

Klogic
19th Jan 2010, 20:14
They are short of Captains on the embraer only. Too many FOs on the e-jet doing an average of 40 hours a month and infact they plan to move some fos with 733 rating back to the 733.

If you are rated on the 733 you stand a chance as they are desperately looking for crew considering the fact that there is an imminent mass exodus to Arik soon.

But be prepared for late pay except if you just want to get some experience:ok:

addisonflyer
20th Jan 2010, 11:10
I called High power yesterday and the amount they want is a little bit high 16k..... With Aeroservice i would Get the Type on my License but it would Have a PIC limitaion until i have 25 supervised hours in the right seat. I dont think any airline would want to put me in the left seat with just over 200 hrs.... or am i missing something? This whole type thing is so confusing now. According to the FAR/ part 61.63 Sub part E(9) ii. I would Get the type rating on my license but with the supervised limitaion on it. Can any one shed more light on this. Also the Simulator used by Aeroservice is a full motion Level C for the 737-300 and a Full motion Level D for the 737-800 NG

I need HELP!!!!!!! i really want to get this over with and get my behind back to NIGERIA! ASAP...

sorelr
20th Jan 2010, 11:48
Just get the 737-300 type with the limitation. Opens all airlines in Nigeria for you and you will get the limitation removed by just showing your logbook to any FSDO after you have 25hrs on type. Also no problems with the NCAA in validating or converting the license. Aeroservice is a good place to train, I can recommend them.

parisjet
20th Jan 2010, 12:26
Addisonflyer, maybe try Active aerospace in vancouver Canada, not sure what they charge for the rating, but it's a PIC rating. They can get you sorted out quicker than anywhere I've heard of. They Use Air Canadas and Westjets's SOPs Sims and instructors. A lot of Self sponsored dudes are heading there now, mainly due to less stress in getting a VISA than you would going to the States.

addisonflyer
20th Jan 2010, 13:20
I am already in the States so it would be easier to get it all sorted here as to going to canada. Thank you guys for all the information and advice. I dont know what i would have done without y'all? I love PPRUNE!

G550-PIC
20th Jan 2010, 13:45
What training facility or school inn Texas did u get your license? Maybe we can meet.

addisonflyer
20th Jan 2010, 13:48
Monarch air in addison TX

BALEWA
20th Jan 2010, 18:46
Hi Addisonflyer, since ur in Texas give HPA a call and ask for Gail, great people over at Higher Power.

Solid set up and willing to go the extra mile with fresh guys out of school going for large jets, loads of our guys seem to come out of HPA. Give them a visit:

Balewa

addisonflyer
23rd Jan 2010, 01:12
I need help getting contacts in Nigeria.. I want to start my networking and what better place to start....PPRUNE! Please help a brother out!

Captain Marverick
23rd Jan 2010, 23:41
Hi Brother
As Balewa said contact Gail or Mark at Higher Power since they have excellent deals.I just had a 737 300 type and also had an EFIS/NG orientation on the 737800 Level D Sim.All under 10k.The good part is that i have just finished ma interview with Virgin Nigeria and set to joining them.HPA is about the best in the business when it comes to 737 and they have warm and excellent experienced instructors who dont just check boxes but really teach and guide.Dont be mislead by cheaper options since it is the quality of training that matters.Look forward to see you in Nigeria.They Train FAA inspectors on the 737 300/800 by the way so you know their credibility.

ab33t
25th Jan 2010, 15:06
Any boeing time will be good as the difference training is not that great. At least soemone is hiring.

em20
25th Jan 2010, 16:58
Hi,

I'm a 1500 hour pilot working on a 73 tr. Can anybody advise me on my best way forward to applying to VN? Any contact information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

volare_737
26th Jan 2010, 22:51
Hi - Does Virgin Nigeria have fly in fly out jobs or does one have to stay in Lagos all the time ?

em20
26th Jan 2010, 23:46
I don't know this first hand but reading the posts it seems that they are not geared for that and expect you to stay in Lagos:{

NDB17
27th Jan 2010, 18:59
em20 is correct. lagos base only.

optimus.Prime
7th Feb 2010, 06:00
@abhi88,
Kindly Chk ur PM inbox!

Capt. Manuvar
7th Feb 2010, 13:48
I think people should verify from the NCAA first before they embark on any course. The NCAA has the final say. I have people who have RECENTLY had serious probs with putting TR on their NCAA licenses after completing courses at some ot the schools mentioned above. This ended up in more money being spent. Sometimes the excitement of the prospect of a first job can cloud one's judgement. Remember that TRTOs like higher power are just after your money.
NCAA regs are changing, they might not allow private candidates to get type ratings. Also if u r a foreigner there are now new regulations regarding minimum experience levels for capts and f/os. Basically if u r an expat, u should be an EXPERT. No more coming to Nigeria to gain experience, which is the casefor a lot of the expats flying in Nigeria. Expats are supposed to be hired for their expertise.

Caveat emptor!

AlvinZane
7th Feb 2010, 14:08
Higher Power or Boeing Training.

Don't waste your time in Florida, all your getting is paper. Not solid, competent training. I have been to all the Florida schools and walked out of a few of them in disgust.

If you want to really learn the 737, it will take more than a computer ground school course and Six sim periods. Compare the course syllabus and Instructor accreditation, not the $$$ amount.

Remember, when you get a job on the 737, you have to prove you can fly it in a myriad of abnormal conditions. Not just a clean pattern.

eagleflier
8th Feb 2010, 10:00
As Manuvar said, be very careful about committing yourself to a self-sponsored TR if you are an expat coming to Nigeria.
I have a friend(Nigerian) who got his 737 TR from HPA last year and is having problems endorsing the rating on his Nig license cos NCAA is really giving him issues. They wont endorse it cos he did it in a Level C sim and hasnt done base checks in the actual aircraft. Dont think you'll have a problem endorsing a TR on your Nig license if its already endorsed on your foreign license.
I also HEARD there's an embargo on hiring expat F/Os who dont have at least 1000 hrs on type.
So whatever you do, or are about to do, check with the NCAA before hand if your intention is to come to Nig.

menatti
8th Feb 2010, 14:12
Uh Oh! I jus recently committed to a TR with PAn Am on the 733EFIS which starts in a week. Its on a C sim. As with most things Nigerian I expected there to be "minor" difficulties with the endorsement but now you say he's been waiting since last yr Im getting pretty worried. Is his case prevalent with those doing the TR on C sims?

eagleflier
8th Feb 2010, 14:28
1) Are you local or expat?
2) Have you got an FAA license
3) If yes, will the rating be endorsed on your FAA license

If you answer yes to all the above questions, I'd ASSUME you shouldn't have any problems.

From what I know, if you bring a Foreign License for conversion, then you'll get all the ratings held on your Foreign License.

Best of Luck

Klogic
8th Feb 2010, 16:08
1.If you did your training in a Level C sim and it was not endorsed on your Foreign License, NCAA requires that you do a base check,which means you have to get employed or pay to do it,then NCAA shall issue the license.

2,If you did your training in a level D simulator,and it was not endorsed on your foreign License, NCAA can issue you a License with the endorsement PROVIDED you did your training in an NCAA APPROVED Level D sim.

3. IF you have your rating endorsed on your foreign License,All you need to do is go to NCAA,write Air Law, and get the the Nigerian License with the rating endorsed.

4.For those in the USA,ensure you do the PIC training as NDB17 mentioned earlier.SIC will not get you any NCAA endorsement.But make sure it is in a Level D Sim so that you dont have to do the base check.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG:ok:

menatti
8th Feb 2010, 17:11
I am a local. I just completed my CFI and CFII(FAA). The TR is going to be endorsed on my FAA license but like I said its on a level C and I know illl have to get flight time in the actual AC and then send my logbook back to the FSDO to get the restriction removed. I can't seem to find any affordable level D 733 sims anywhere. I was told by PAN AM that some VN/NEA pilots did their tr. On the C sims and didn't have any problems back home. Is there any truth to this?

maki
8th Feb 2010, 19:49
I have applied to VN 2 weeks ago and I still have no reply from them.
I have JAA ATPL (frozen), 1100TT and 800 on B737.
If anyone has applied and got responese or has any info regarding the recruitment process please PM me or post it here.
Blue skies to all of you

eagleflier
9th Feb 2010, 08:57
I was told by PAN AM that some VN/NEA pilots did their tr. On the C sims and didn't have any problems back home. Is there any truth to this?

Its true. the reason they didnt have any problems is because VN did the base checks for them.

KLOGIC, there's a lotta logic in what you said and cant fault any of your points.
You are on point.

Captain Marverick
9th Feb 2010, 13:58
Hi
I think there is a bit of confusion about TR in the FAA sense and JAA. FAA type ratings have specific requirements and for PIC one of the requirements is for the applicant to have 2000 TT or more on either Jets or Turbo Props (FAR 61).In the case of a 737 type,whether it is done on a level C in the case of the classics( I have not seen any level D classic Sim yet are there any?) or level D in the case of the 600/700/800/BBJ the endorsement on the licence after passing the FAA check/evaluation is sinply 737 type rated.For those with less than the requirement for PIC they do what is called Special operations experience SOE and then need some actual time of supervised flying in the 737 aircraft before any limitation can be removed.Most of the times 25 hours of base training.I did a 737 300 type rating on level C and differences in the 800 level D sim but i only have 737 type rating on my ATP Airman Certificate issued by the FAA.I am not an authority on JAA procedures but i think the NCAA will help pilots who seek to work in Nigeria by coming up with clear cut policy on Foreign License conversions ie FAA/JAR/ICAO so as to avoid confusion and speculations.Finally i think any one seeking clarity must contact the NCAA.

Captain Marverick
9th Feb 2010, 14:06
Hi
I agree with you perfectly and also advice that for those getting an FAA rating please let your Type rating Center know about the NCAA requirements so that the training can be tailored to enable easy validation.

FrankAbagnale
9th Feb 2010, 14:38
I have JAA ATPL Frozen with 737 300-900 TR.
Any chance for me? I have less than 500 hrs total time though :bored:

menatti
10th Feb 2010, 12:31
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to just stick with the 733 on the C sim, I would love to do the NG but I dont want to tie myself to Arik just yet. As for Pan Am now they want me to do a jet transition. Did any of you fresh from a light twin do the TR (home study option)? How did you cope?

em20
10th Feb 2010, 21:10
Hi,

I'm a light twin pilot currently doing my home study for a 737-300 TR. The home study is not bad at all. Systems are not nearly as complicated as an airbus. Supposed to do my sim training in a couple of weeks. That's when the rubber meets the road, I'm more worried about the actual flying of the aircraft over the ground school portion which is very maneagable with my experience: 1500 tt, 600 me, no turban.

menatti
10th Feb 2010, 22:06
EM20, I have just a shade under 250 and and about 50 ME time. Im not worried about the systems as well, just the flying part and the people at Pan Am say Ill probably require extra Sim time soo I'm about to commit to the Jet Transition which will be on the 732 as its the cheapest sim they have. Where are you doing your TR

NDB17
10th Feb 2010, 23:18
Menatti,

I repeat dont do your sim in the -200. NCAA will only issue you a -200 type. Guys for the last time, if you're doing any training in the US, get the type on your FAA. Do not do an SIC. Do the PIC with SOE restriction if you have less than ATP mins.
The guys who had problems did not have an FAA license, so all they did was bring their training records back. That was why NCAA required them to do the base training.
If you're going to fly classics, do your training on the -300. They will request for your training records to see what type of sim you did your training in. That is how they determine whether to issue you an NG, classic or Geriatric type.
If you're confident in your abilities disregard the "jet transition". Guys have done the type in the minimum time specified.
Everything is predicated on how sharp you are on your instrument skills.

Fly Safe

menatti
10th Feb 2010, 23:49
NDB,
Im just doing the jet transition on the 200 but the TR on the 300 EFIS. Im doing the PIC as well, as for the instrument bit, its probably the best part of my flying, Im more worried about making good landings. You said something about the base training not being required if I've gt FAA CPL, Pls elaborate for us simple minded folks

addisonflyer
11th Feb 2010, 06:42
Hey menatti.. Where are you ? I am in dallas and in the same situation as you right now. I am in contact with Pan am.......... They told me the jet transition is optional.

Cruiseclimb
11th Feb 2010, 10:35
I did my 733 type at Aeroservice.. cheap.. but the worst training I've ever seen.. Horrible equipment.. broken half of the time, and instructors that just want to come in and get out. They don't care if you learn or not. Management likes that, so they can charge you for extra sim rides when you aren't ready..

em20
11th Feb 2010, 18:36
I just signed up for Aerosevices myself. Now I'm worried...already gave them a deposit. :ooh:

Do you have any suggestions on how to make the best of a bad situation?

NDB17
11th Feb 2010, 23:58
Menatti,

Due to ICAO conventions, NCAA honors FAA licenses. They will issue either a validation or an endorsement to you. I take it you dont have a Nigerian license.
If you're nigerian with your FAA license and a B737 type, all you need to do is take the airlaw exam, and you will be issued a nigerian license with a B737 type on it.
For non-nigerians, they wil be issued a validation based on their FAA to fly nigerian registered aircrafts. After a year they can apply and get a nigerian license.
Base training arises if you dont have the type on any license but have done the training at an NCAA approved institution. The problem is getting an aircraft to do the base training, plus airlines aren't too keen.
Concerning landings, you will get a hang of it as you go. We all have give some pax backaches at some point.:ok:

em20,

Be well prepared. A very good preparation prevents poor performance. I have no doubts you will do fine. Some of my colleagues here have done training with aeroservices and they had no problems.

Cruiseclimb
12th Feb 2010, 02:44
I wrote my friend at VN to see what was going on there.. here's part of his response to me....

Virgin is in trouble and really struggling to make just payroll. Salaries have been paid two months behind for the last 6-7 months. (dec checks were paid just two weeks ago). Flights delayed because we can't pay for fuel, etc.
Hence we are loosing pilots faster than we can find them.

He said more about key mgm't resigning as well, but not as important.. basically he recommended... if you are an experienced pilot with some other options, don't go to VN, but if you are a low time guy looking to get the 737 stamp and move on, you have a good shot since anyone with other options knows to stay away..

EM20... As far as Aeroservice goes .. if you learn your proceedures and follow the profiles they teach you, you will walk out with your type. LEARN THE CALLOUTS AND EPs BEFORE YOU ARRIVE.. know them COLD. If they say you will finish in 15 days, plan on 18 due to unforeseen equip problems etc.. Talk to Mark and Steve, they are your advocates to make sure you get what you paid for. Joe the Director of OPS, doesn't care and is kind of a jerk... stay clear of him. Otherwise, you'll do fine..

baba70
12th Feb 2010, 04:15
NDB u never sleep??

NDB17
12th Feb 2010, 11:55
Up and about. Money never sleep.

em20
12th Feb 2010, 16:32
NDB17 & Cruiseclimb:

Thanks for all the great advice. Nice to have fellow pilots root for you when your spending all sorts of money on training with very little light at the end of the tunnel. Still no response from VN...keep checking the emails while I memorize my flows:E

Storpikk
16th Feb 2010, 10:29
Have anyone heard anything back after sending in resumes here lately, are they still hiring ?

Captain Marverick
16th Feb 2010, 20:18
Hi Fellas
As far as the Sim Training goes it is all about call outs,procedures and learning of profiles.At HPA where i trained you get dedicated instructors who love their work and are ready to be at pace with you when required and to push the thrust lever when they have to put you on after burners.I had more than 2000 hrs mostly on heavy turbo props and about 60 hours on fighter Jet but with dedication and the right attitude was able to do the home study option and flew the Sim well to get my ATP with type on both the B737 300 Efis and 800.To all my good buddies please dedicate the next few weeks to arm chair flying and partner critique and take all your instructors critique serious and i bet the final FAA checkride/Evaluation will be a piece of cake.Just had my appointment with VNA/NEA and managing within the storm which i know with God will subside.

em20
17th Feb 2010, 06:15
Hi Captain Maverik,

What do you mean by "Just had my appointment with VNA/NEA and managing within the storm "?

Are you refering to the recent change of ownership, do you know if they are still looking for pilots? Sooo many questions. :confused:

Thanks

Maurice Chavez
17th Feb 2010, 06:23
Hi Fellas
As far as the Sim Training goes it is all about call outs,procedures and learning of profiles.At HPA where i trained you get dedicated instructors who love their work and are ready to be at pace with you when required and to push the thrust lever when they have to put you on after burners.Are you referring to Higher Power Aviation in Dallas? Mark Sterns and them? Nice guys, excellent training!

G-FATTY
17th Feb 2010, 12:26
Hi Storpikk,

I applied to VN a day or so after this thread started, heard nothing back after sending an email to ask how the application process is going
I don't meet the requirements with a type rating but am still waiting for some feedback.

Some feedback is better than none at all!

Has anyone else heard from them since applying?

G-FATTY

em20
17th Feb 2010, 20:44
I got nothing applied about the same time as you :ugh:

BALEWA
18th Feb 2010, 21:25
You want to work with VirginNigeria or any other company here. Well then the only way is to get here and knock on their door and drop your CV.

Believe me it works most of them here did just that.

Goodluck

Balewa

em20
31st Jul 2010, 18:00
Haven't heard too much on Air Nigeria lately. Did they ever get the new 737's they were talking about? Any hiring going on for 737 FO's?