PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect Ipod Touch to Linksys Wireless

Bus429
16th Jan 2010, 19:03
Hi All,

Son has a new-fangled Ipod touch that, when he got it a few weekes ago, connected effortlessly to our wireless router (Linksys WAG 160N) when he entered the network key. It has since stopped working - will not connect with the original key entered - and son claims this coincided with my reloading Vista on the laptop through which I had originally configured the router. We've tried all permutations we can think of and could do with some HELP!!:O

BRL
16th Jan 2010, 19:47
Ask him if he has 'Jailbroken' it?

Bus429
17th Jan 2010, 07:36
Tell me more, BRL.

DeeJayEss
17th Jan 2010, 09:37
Obvious I know, but check the WPA key is the same between the laptop and the ipod.

Jailbreaking shouldn't affect it if he used blackra1n on 3.0/3.1, but doing a "Reset Wireless Settings" couldn't hurt.

Did you enable anything like MAC Address filtering on the router? If it's enabled, you might have to get the MAC address of the iPod and enter in so the router can be accessed.

Just a couple of ideas. HTH.
DJS.

BRL
17th Jan 2010, 10:45
I only asked as a guy on another forum has connection problems now after Jailbreaking his.

Tell me more, BRL.

You bypass the apple security using a third party program that allows you to download and use thousands of applications that you can get without buying from the itunes app store.

DeeJayEss
18th Jan 2010, 07:48
BRL, understand completely mate, no insult or rudeness intended. There are a few people out there with issues connecting to WiFi after jailbreaking, but the normal fix is to reset network settings, or so my own research suggests anyway!!!

Another trick is if you son has anything like the app WiFiFoFum and is using that to connect to the WiFi. My iPhone 3GS certainly didn't like hooking up to the router using that app, but after I reset network settings it connected fine using the standard network connection through Settings.