PDA

View Full Version : Casa Licence

CORSI GREECE
16th Jan 2010, 18:33
Hi Guys, I'm B1,C Licence Holder With Type Ratings. To Work In Australia I Have To Have A C.A.S.A. Licence First? Thanks

blackhand
17th Jan 2010, 06:02
To certify for maintenance on Australian Registered aircraft you need a CASA issued licence.
You can work under supervision without a licence.

Cheers
BH

Bus429
17th Jan 2010, 13:59
...and you'll probably get away with a CTC (Certificate ot Technical Competence) to convert (but some current CASA AME could correct me). That's how I did mine, courtesy of MAEL in the 90s. :ok:
Have a look at the CASA website.

piggybank
17th Jan 2010, 23:16
CASA themselves are going over to EASA starting November 2010 over a four year transition period. The CASA website is very helpful. CASA are running conversions from type 66 licences to CASA, you need to do the AA exam, that's Air Legislation. As far as I know CASA do not recognise LWTR but that does not affect you.

AA is totally uninteresting but you have to have it. I recommend a course. Harry McDougall at Queensland Aerospace College do a five day course in Brisbane with an exam at the end.

Contacts "Melinda McDougall" <[email protected]>

Hint, Harry is a touch deaf so he speaks in a clear and penetrating voice, all knowledge passed will penetrate your head totally. Give the middle seat in the front row a miss. Any of your spoken answers to Harry will also need to be at full volume.

An excellent course, well recommended.