PDA

View Full Version : Jobs In Africa

Steve Michell
15th Jan 2010, 20:25
Anyone can tell me how to validate a JAA license into an ATP that's accepted everywhere in Africa. It seems there's some commonwealth generally accepted pilot standard for which a common license is issued.
Anyone know where, how, costs?

Cheers.
Steve

Mister Geezer
15th Jan 2010, 22:36
JAA licences are generally accepted in most places for a validation at least. If it is not then it is down to politics more than anything.

Springbok614
16th Jan 2010, 08:18
i have never heard of a license like that... it would not make sense. africa is a continent with many different countries of which each has their own CAA and set of airlaws etc. some are ICAO and some not.

with that said, i am sure that a JAA ATP would be welcome for validation anywhere. some countries you need to only pay a fee and some you need to write an airlaw exam and do a flight on top of that etc... it depends from country to country.

which country are you planning to go fly in and which register aircraft?

apart from getting a validation, assuming you want to fly that country's register, you also need to get a work permit etc.

i flew south african registered aircraft, with a south african license, around africa on contract and only needed to obtain a work permit and/ or visa for some.

Der absolute Hammer
16th Jan 2010, 09:34
That's the fistful of dollars licence then?
This can be topped up from place to place, usually at your local CAA cash point machine, depending on who is the operating officer. It would not be in the common interest of the African diaspora, especially the Nigerian one, to be divested of the possibility of counter weighted wealth by having a common licence, no matter how vulgar the acquisition of each individual licence might be.