PDA

View Full Version : Combined V-force association

lpmunroh43
15th Jan 2010, 19:44
About a month ago (could be less) there was a comment from Bob Prothero about the possibility/probability of combining the interested parties of the former V-force under one hat. Now I can't find the damned thing! Anybody help? My late husband, Dick Hayward, was a Valiant and Victor pilot, I'm going to Newark in April , with my very new husband and anybody else from this area that I can dig out of sloth and idleness. John Conning and his 2 cohorts from 'Grapple' days are coming. Am I in the right forum or is the Victor at Bruntingthorpe classed as a civilian aeroplane?

Tankertrashnav
16th Jan 2010, 15:48
Sounds like a good idea, and the reunion should be a good venue to discuss this. Sure, everyone has their own favourite 'V', but the fact that I flew in the prettiest and fastest one doesnt stop me admiring the Vulcan and the Valiant ;), and I for one would be up for a combined association. Good luck with digging out the slothful and the idle from their Norfolk slumbers and see you all there. By the way I have just updated the website V-Force Reunion (http://www.vforcereunion.co.uk/) with details of how to book for the evening reception, so get your cheques off asap!

TTN