View Full Version : Qantaslink Wannabes & Recruitment I

beachbum66
23rd Nov 2009, 09:38
Hey you all
Is anyone going for QF Link in CNS this wens @ 0930 ??
Applicants closed today i only applied 3 weeks ago . OMG i so want it :ok:

glitzy-luc
23rd Nov 2009, 11:43
Ahh I somehow missed them recruiting!
Is qantas link the internal fights??
Good look wth your app..let us know how it goes:ok:

ilana182
8th Dec 2009, 04:14
I'm going for the assessment seminar in BNE on Thursday! Good luck you, let me know how you go.

Does anyone have any tips?

Pheonix86
11th Dec 2009, 08:25
Hi guys,
The Qantaslink interviews are a lot of fun! I went to one is Cairns at the begginning of this year- it seems to me that they chose the people who sat and listened to others rather than those who took charge. That's what it seemed to me anyway- make sure you are dressed and groomed immaculatley and that you meet their height regulations as they will measure you on the day of the interview- its very important. We made little aeroplanes and flight attendants out of egg cartons and other things- it was fun. Just have a good time and interact with others. Usually they call back on the same day for an interview.
Good luck :-)
Pheonix86 :O

ilana182
13th Dec 2009, 21:53
I just got the "Thanks but no thanks email". I'm a bit upset but kind of expected it.

rubyslippers01
14th Dec 2009, 00:07
So sorry to hear that, you must be gutted :(

Double Asymmetric
16th Dec 2009, 04:36
Hi, I have a couple of questions if someone could help me out!

Pheonix, when you said they may call back for an interview after the group assessment, did you mean the interview would be on the same day?

What is QantasLink policy on part time employment? I realise this is somethng that would be seniority based, but am interested to find out regardless.

As junior Cabin Crew, can someone give me an indication of pay - please feel free to PM if you prefer. Just trying to get a clear big picture!

Any answers are sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

flitegirl
17th Dec 2009, 09:01
Qantaslink will begin to base cabin crew in Adelaide from next year so hopefully that means more recruitment. Good luck.:ok:

flyperth
19th Dec 2009, 10:11
Adelaide Interviews were this week, Wednesday and Thursday.

Sydney2006
15th Jan 2010, 01:35
Hi,

I have been looking around, but have had no success so far, does anyone know any contact information for Qantaslink Cabin Crew Recruitment, either a phone number or an email address?

Any help is much appreciated

Aaron

LadyJ1
19th Apr 2010, 10:26
Hi There,

Just wondering if any one has been invited to there RDay in Melbourne next week?

Thanks J

ellie8
30th Apr 2010, 09:14
Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with Qantaslink Recruitment- are they actually recruiting at the moment? On the site when I clicked on BNE base to apply it says 'Status- accepting applications'. So I applied for BNE base. Does anyone have any info on recruitment for this base? Also for any current crew, do you fly as both solo cabin crew & as a two person crew or do you have a choice? Cheers:ok:

dizzylizzy
30th Apr 2010, 11:57
No choice on the crew complement or roster apart from 4requests/month (ie: day off, overnight destination, am or pm start). You be prepared to go in working solo, if not maybe QFlink isn't for you.

mdk_evil
30th Apr 2010, 13:06
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have just received a email from Qantas link for a assessment centre on next week for Brisbane base sooo excited. Just wondering what to expect?? I have looked on the website and the pay is $35-36,000 a year can anyone confirm what the pay will receive in the hand every fortnight , and can you transfer to mainline?

If anyone wants to chat please private me

thanks for all your info :ok:

ellie8
8th May 2010, 09:43
Hi guys:) Does anyone know if Qantaslink are currently recruiting for Brisbane base? I applied through Qantas Careers last week and it said that they were currently accepting job submissions but when I joined the Staff CV site it said that they were only accepting interest? I got an automatic email response saying that they were currently reviewing my application & would be in contact shortly....any information/advice would be greatly appreciated:ok:

blacknails
12th May 2010, 10:33
Hi guys!

I recently applied for a cabin crew position with Qantaslink (SYD), and i have been asked to join the seminar day!
Can someone tell me what to expect? I'm so nervous and excited!

Thanks!

ellie8
21st May 2010, 22:26
Has anyone gone to a Qantaslink group assessment day recently or know if they will be having any more for Brisbane base soon? Apparently they are still accepting job applications? Waiting to hear back re my application. Waiting is the worst!:)

ellie8
9th Jun 2010, 03:28
Just wondering....does anyone have any contact info for Qantaslink Recruitment? Either email or phone? Ive been searching but have had no luck. Feel free to PM if you want. Any help would be much appreciated!:)

Aaron81
22nd Jul 2010, 15:41
Hello anyone here work or has been to any qantas link interview melbourne or any other bases just wanting to know what the salary is

Aaron81
23rd Jul 2010, 12:31
Hi guys wanting to know if there are any qantas link (eastern) syd/mel base staff only, or prospective applicants would really like to know what it is like working for eastern, also if there is anyone Mildura Base not really interested knowing about sunstate or its people

smileyface
9th Aug 2010, 08:06
Eastern flight attendants start on about $1400-$1600 after tax p/fortnight including flying allowances.
Rosters are normally 110-125 p/28 days which normally includes 2-3 reserve days 3-6 o/nights (Sydney base)
There is little to no opportunity to transfer to mainline-bottom line: if you are going to Qantaslink to get to mainline don't bother you will be waiting about 10 years!!

Money isn't great and Yes you will occasionally fly solo flight attendant but the lifestyle is great and the flying is pretty easy.

Good Luck!

ellie8
17th Aug 2010, 07:12
Hi,
I got a phone call from Qantaslink inviting me to do a 'functional assessment' on one of their aircaft. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what this is/involves? I attended the Recruitment Day a few weeks ago but havnt been invited to do a medical yet. Is this functional assessment usually done before the medical?
Thanks in advance;)

themissinglink88
20th Aug 2010, 06:08
Hey guys!!
Just incase anyone is interested, qantaslinks cns base is very short staffed at the moment so chance of interview is pretty high!!apply online and if you are offered an interview make sure that you really emphasise on teamwork and customer service stuff! Cns is a relatively small base, but we've got great crew! hours and pay is pretty good considering how much we work! averaging a 100 hour roster or just under, with 3 reserve and 4-6 o'nights! If you have any questions at all ask away!!
good luck!
:)

Tainlovestofly
21st Sep 2010, 10:35
I have heard that since reducing the crew compliment to one crew per 50 passengers recently at Qantaslink, in Perth at least, they are now over staffed massively. Is this the case at other Qantaslink bases? I'm assuming this will mean a halt in recruitment for a bit.

cargoattendant
4th Dec 2010, 07:28
Hi Guys,

I recently had a telephone interview for QantasLink and have now received an inviation to attend the seminar/assessment day 8th December. Anyone in the same boat?

I have been checking here to see if anyone else has posted re: this but haven't had much luck in terms of finding other people who have been selected.

Has anything changed recently? I went about 4 years ago and made it through to the panel interview.
:O

vozz
6th May 2011, 08:40
Qantaslink can be very strict with height due to OH&S.

This is for your saftey and the pax.

I would email them or call if you can to advise them of your height. If they still ask you to attend, get the persons name and position (if you can) as a backup on the day.

Hope this helps mate!

Good Luck :)

Hosty With The Mosty
23rd Jun 2011, 06:35
Does anyone know how easy it is, and how long it would take to transfer from one QantasLink base to another? I am considering applying for the Perth base (advertising now) and transferring to Melbourne later down the track. Thanks for your help :)

nbailey073
20th Mar 2012, 01:58
do crew out of brisbane fly solo aswell?

Tainlovestofly
23rd Mar 2012, 04:17
The new Cobham Qantaslink base in Brisbane is B717 only as far as I am aware.

dizzylizzy
23rd Mar 2012, 22:51
Qantaslink operates under 3 separate sub-business per say
Sunstate: Dash8
Eastern: Dash8
Cobham: B717 services.

The Sunstate & Eastern workplace agreements are similar yet a little different, not sufficient to explain on here.

The Cobham services are separate all together, even their SOP's are very different from mainline Qantas services. You do receive staff travel though your unload category is very low & you are not eligible for Business upgrade. There is no correlation between the QFgroup & Cobham apart from the obvious working under the same uniform & red tailed aircraft.

sydflyboi
24th Mar 2012, 01:26
From Brisbane yes they also operate solo as well. They also fly out to Lord Howe Island as well like Sydney crew do. On the 200 series it is always solo operations and sometimes even on the 300 series you can operate solo as well however maximum passengers can only be 36 even though the 300 series can carry 50 passengers.