PDA

View Full Version : Viking Rosters

threedegrees
14th Jan 2010, 23:41
Hi there,

First post so be gentle. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how a Viking roster on the 737 at either Manchester or Bristol would look like please ?

I know you get 7 days off a month, are they all single days or do you tend to get a couple of doubles each month ?

Thanks

UFGBOY
14th Jan 2010, 23:46
If you are working to CAP 371 i.e. British FTL's you have to have 1 in 8 or 2 in 14... anything else is not legal..

threedegrees
14th Jan 2010, 23:58
Thanks UFGBOY,

I think because they are swedish registered they work to EU OPS Sub Part Q which has the '1 after 7' rule but does not specify any rule about '2 consequetive in 14'. Therefore I think they could only roster single days if they wanted to, bit ****ty but wondered if they actually do on a consistent basis

Cheers

Ben178v
15th Jan 2010, 09:49
1.10. A single day free of duty:
A single day free of duty shall include two local nights. A rest period may be included as part of the day off.

2.1. An operator shall ensure that the minimum rest provided as outlined above is increased periodically to a weekly rest
period, being a 36-hour period including two local nights, such that there shall never be more than 168 hours
between the end of one weekly rest period and the start of the next

Ops A

You must have a minimum of 7 a month at the rate of 1 in 7 but you must also have 96 a year so you need to average 8 a month.

Viking does use EU ops.

Bristol and Manchester haven't been proper bases yet so there are no typical rosters for there. The issue with rostering is not the amount of days off but the amount of stbys that you get. That said if you live near the airport then it isn't an issue as they are usually over before you get up and there may not even be something on the flypro that you can do only rescues and ad hoc.

If your joining its worth downloading a copy of Sub Part Q and start trying to get your head around it. There are operator differences but the bones are the same.

threedegrees
15th Jan 2010, 10:04
Thanks Ben,

It is going to be a summer contract so I'm guessing that they can get away with 7 days off a month because you are not working for the rest of the year. I'm looking at trying to do it as a semi commute and therefore am trying to work out how often I might be able to get home and for how long.

If all the days off are singles because of standbys and duties it is going to be difficult I suspect to do any sort of commute.

Thanks for the info

TD