PDA

View Full Version : HEMS Statistics

biz-buz
13th Jan 2010, 22:38
Hello,

Could anybody give me an idea where I can find some current statistics regarding HEMS flights, I need data on aircraft type, and hours/missions flown, with if possible some sort of idea for accident rates etc. Mountain, or high altitude information would be really handy, preferably separated out from the general HEMS stuff, but it this was part of the overall picture this would be fine. Anything is better than nothing!

Any ideas out there please??:ok:

biz-buz
13th Jan 2010, 23:29
Sorry guys, did a quick site search before I posted but did not find the similar question from Alouette3. I will liaise with him and see if I can get some useful data that way, but if anybody had any additional data, especially on high altitude and AS355, dare I say it, it would be very handy.

Trying to do some "fire fighting" for an Austrian friend who is being stopped from operating AS355 on the premise that they are unsafe. The fact of the matter is that they should be allowed to fly, but Austria Control has been advised by an "independant advisor", who just happens to be employed by the opposition company, who do not operate AS355 but EC135's, that the AS355 are unsafe!!

Unfortunately until 2012 when EU Ops comes in they can do pretty much what they want within reason. I am also trying to get EASA to step in on the premise that they are impeding the free passage of goods and services, but they seem to be loath to do anything for the moment. Any ideas on who to contact for this side of things would also be helpful.

Biz-Buz

JimL
14th Jan 2010, 08:17
biz-buz,

You may wish to check the wording of the 'Austrian Control' decision. It might be it is because the AS355 is 'not compliant' with the extant regulations (what ever they are) rather than 'not safe'.

Safety in the context in the 'decision' might also have been taken against a 'safety case' - i.e. it does not meet the criteria which has been set by the regulator.

In my view EASA would be most reluctant to interfere in a case where they do not have legal competence.

As a matter of accuracy, EU-OPS has been the the EU regulation for a number of years now; however, helicopters are not included within its scope.

Jim